"I know, and it is located in the girls bathroom, where you made the potion. I noticed one of the faucets had the shape of a snake on its sides. To open it, someone who understands and speaks Parseltongue can open it." Maurelle said.

Hermione took the book they were about to get off the shelf. She ripped the page, wrote on the paper, and crumpled it up in her hand.

"We need to be careful, Maurelle. It prowls at night and we don't know if we will be able to get back to our dorm's safely. Everyone who has been petrified, has only looked at its eyes through a reflection, so that's why all its victims aren't killed instantly." Hermione then noticed Maurelle's focus shifted. "Maurelle? What's wrong?"

"It's here." Maurelle whispers, "Don't move and look down to the floor."

"Is it looking at you?" Hermione whispers.

"Yes." Maurelle replied.

"What'ssss thisss? A Sssslytherin? You mussst be another family of SSSalazar." It said.

"Yes and what do you want?" Maurelle spoke in Parseltongue.

"Only to fulfill what I am here for. To killll thesssse mudbloodsss. SSShe can look down all ssshe wantsss, but ssshe will ssssee mee." it said.

"What's going on, Maurelle? Why aren't you dead from it's stare?!" Hermione said.

"UUhh." Maurelle didn't know what to say.

"Maurelle?!" Hermione lifted her mirror slowly to see what was behind her.

"No, Hermione!" Maurelle said.

Hermione looked into Maurelle's eyes and saw the reflection of the basilisks.

"No, don't look at my eyes!" Maurelle said, but it was too late.

Hermione froze.

"My job heree isss done." it slithered away.

"I'm so sorry, Hermione." Maurelle cried while she gently touch her cold hard face. "If you can here me, please don't tell anyone I was here with you in the library when you wake. I have to go now, or people will think I did this. We will talk soon, okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day Maurelle was walking down the halls and stumbled upon a group of Slytherin students, around her year, bullying a few first year Hufflepuff students.

They slammed their books on the floor and meddled with their belongings. One of the Hufflepuff students tried to pick up his belongings, but was interrupted by the bullies.

"Don't pick it up. Dance Hufflepuff boy! Dance!" he took his wand and started casting near the Hufflepuffs' feet.

The Slytherin students laughed and cheered. One of the hufflepuff students grew tired and stopped dancing. She panted heavily, trying to catch her breath. The Slytherin bullies took noticed and stopped their abuse.

"What do you think you're doing?" The Slytherin boy asked.

"I'm...t-tired." She tried to say.

"If you don't do as I say, the heir of Slytherin will come for you" he taunted, "You must've heard of her, Maurelle Freya, one of our own. I know her personally, and I'll have her come for you and petrify you tonight."

Maurelle had enough of this and snuck up quietly behind the group of Slytherin boys. The first year Hufflepuffs sees Maurelle, but told them to keep quiet and play along.

"Funny." Maurelle said and the Slytherin boys turned around, a bit nervous and frightened, "Cause personally, I don't know you." she then used her wand and pinned the boys to the wall.