Hunger Games AU [TEASER]

Your hands started to sweat as you eyed the cornucopia that lied before you. You and twenty three other tributes stood around a mass of helpful supplies for the games at hand. What exactly were "the games"? In Panem, the Hunger Games were created as a response to a rebellion of the people. The Capitol wanted to make sure everyone knew who exactly was in charge by creating a game for a dark version of entertainment where two tributes from each district were pitted against others to fight to the death. You were from District 7, the lumber district. To your right was your friend and fellow District 7 tribute, (F/N). They were looking around, eyeing the other tributes with a slight look of worry on their face. Your district wasn't necessarily known for anything other than wood and paper products, but you knew your way around an ax. That was the weapon you were most proficient in when you were training. After the President finished speaking, it was time for the games.
10...
It was time. Your pulse quickened as you quickly weighed the pros and cons in your head. Would you risk going to the cornucopia and grab some supplies? Or would you run and wait until the commotion died down?
9...
You eyed your competition. Many shapes, sizes, and skin tones filled the arena. One person you definitely noticed was the District 1 career, Vincent. Careers train hard for the games, and they're usually the strongest of the bunch, and easily the fan favorites. He was eyeing the cornucopia with a hunger that could only be sated with kills under his belt.
8...
Your eyes flickered to the District 12 tribute, a frail boy with shaggy brown hair who seemed to be shaking with fear. He couldn't have been more than 12 or 13 at the most, making him the youngest tribute in the games this year. You immediately took pity on him. He didn't ask to be chosen. He had his whole life left to live...
7...
(F/N) cracked their knuckles, eyeing the middle of the arena. They were determined to get some supplies for themselves. It wasn't about friendship anymore, because in the end, only one person could win.
6...
5...
4...
You kept weighing your options as time ticked down.
3...
2...
To the forest it was.
1...