Child!Springtrap & Protective!Golden Freddy

(More of our soft spring boi, requested by a fellow SSPS member: @DemonGirlFromHell)

It was a freezing night in the junk yard. A small, abandoned rabbit was shivering his ears off next to a fire started in a barrel. His previous "parents" (more like owners) adopted him out of pity, throwing him out when they got tired of him. Here, hybrids were treated like trash. Humans were just too scared to treat them like any other human being. It didn't help that part of Springtrap's ear was gone and he had a scar over his eye. He was a runt, and he was treated like one. A child on the streets. Springtrap sighed as an icy rain had to put out his fire.
"Oh no...!" He exclaimed towards the sky, the cold rain mixing with his warm tears. Springtrap grunted as he kicked an empty bacon soup can, a smiling ink demon on the label. The small rabbit shivered as he tried to find somewhere to take shelter.

Golden Freddy tapped his gloved fingers on his steering wheel to the music as he drove down the highway. Golden Freddy was also a hybrid, but a well respected one. He's in the restaurant industry, along with his brother and three other friends. If you made a good amount of money as a hybrid, humans seemed to dislike you less. Money made the world go round. Also, many people didn't know he was a hybrid. His ears were hidden by a top hat, and his tail was covered by his pants. No one suspected a thing. Goldie pulled up to the junkyard and turned his car off, undoing his seatbelt and unlocking his trunk. A dead night guard was in a bag in his trunk, bleeding through the potato sack he stuffed him in.
"That's business, (Y/N). Sorry." Golden Freddy shrugged and slung the bag over his shoulder. His dress shoes sloshed through the freezing puddles until he made it to an acceptable scrap heap. From behind a mound of trash and other junk, Springtrap observed the man he saw in front of him. He was curious, but he didn't dare to try to speak to him. What if he was mean? He could hurt him. All of a sudden, the bag started to fly towards him, a frightened squeak came out of the small child.
"Huh?" Golden Freddy tilted his head to the side. Through the mud and sand, Goldie walked closer to where he tossed the bag. Behind the bag was a small rabbit child with half his right ear, cowering in fear. He couldn't have been any older than five.
"Hey, where's your parents...or owners...or whatever?" Springy shook his head and rubbed his eyes while yawning. "You've been abandoned? Out here?" Springtrap nodded. Golden Freddy held out his hand. "Do you want to come with me? I know someplace warm." Springtrap took his hand and walked back to Goldie's car with him. Golden Freddy buckled him in the backseat after he closed his trunk, turning his car on as he got in. A small sigh came from Springtrap as the heater warmed up his chilled skin. In no time, he was out like a light.

In the morning, Springtrap was in an oversized yellow t-shirt, in an actual bedroom, not a doggy bed in the living room. The smell of bacon floated through the air and into Springy's nostrils. To think, Springtrap would get an actual meal and not scraps. The small rabbit sprung out of bed and followed the smell to the kitchen. Golden Freddy was in his work clothes, covered by a robe, frying bacon in a pan. On the plates on the table, toast and eggs were staring back at Springy with a tall glass of orange juice on the side. Springtrap couldn't wait for the bacon. He dug into the plate and drank the juice.
"Hungry, eh?" Goldie chucked, handing Springtrap a couple pieces of bacon before sitting down and eating. "By the way, what's your name?"
"Springtrap."
"Well, Springtrap, I'm Golden Freddy."
"Gowden...Fretty?" Golden Freddy chuckled at the young boy's innocence.
"Just call me Goldie."
"Okie. Goldie."

After breakfast, Golden Freddy washed Springtrap's clothes from yesterday while Springtrap took a bath. He explained to Springtrap that he'd be taking to him to work. Springy thought that he was someone who worked with paint or something, since he threw out a bag stained with red. As Springtrap's clothes were finished drying, Goldie dried Springtrap off and clothed him, and then the two were off to Freddy's.

Springtrap was amazed by the vastness and and colorful nature of Freddy's, a place where humans and hybrids could play and eat in peace. Goldie was delivering pizzas that were being freshly made, so Springy was always in his sights. It was never hard to sight Springtrap, anyways. He was sitting in front of the stage, in awe at Freddy. He'd do double takes between Goldie and his brother to see if they were two different people. Behind him, a group of human kids "accidentally" bumped into him and spilled soda all over him.
"Hey, move!" Springtrap turned around and looked at the children towering over him. They were around 10, talker and stronger than Springtrap by a long shot.
"Sorry..." Springtrap tried to stand up before he was pushed back down and spat on, being made fun of in front of Freddy.
"Runt! Weirdo! Loser!" The kids yelled.
"Hey, Goldie!" Freddy got his brother's attention. Golden Freddy rushed over, pushing the kids out of the way to get to a crying Springtrap. With Springtrap crying into his neck, Golden Freddy escorted the children and their parents out of the restaurant, flipping them off as they drove off.
"And never come back!" He yelled at the cars. "Did they hurt you, Springtrap?" Springtrap nodded, whimpering.

Golden Freddy ended up taking a half day at work to tend to Springtrap. He didn't truly get hurt, but he was just shook up from the encounter. While the two were home and rested up, Goldie and Springy watched movies and enjoyed time to themselves. Golden Freddy ended up adopting Springtrap and raising him like a true father should. And anyone who crossed his son payed upfront.

(SSPS ASSEMBLE! And just for this chapter, I searched up "Springtrap with flower crown" and found this pic of Goldie and Springy both with flower crowns and I thought it was perfect. In this household we stan decaying, rabbit animatronics!
And updated for 5/02/2020, I changed the x to an ampersand because something about the scenario between an "aged down" character and a character of "normal age" - even though these are fanfictions about haunted animatronics from a video game from sometime in 2016 - just felt off to me.)

)