ESports God Fritz x Esports Goddess Reader

Video games were your life. You ate, slept, and breathed video games. You spoke in video game lingo so much that your friends and parents gave up trying to figure out what you were saying. Any game you played, you were feared. Everyone quivered at the name (I/G/N). Everyone except one. He was your arch enemy in the video game world. He was just as good as you if not better. His name was...Fritz. That was is in game name and irl name. Though you haven't met him in person, you had a vendetta against him. Though you were told to never hate people unless you met them and knew them for who they were, this kid made your blood boil. He beat you in every game, and bm'd (taunted you basically) every time. You and your team, (T/N) (team name) were going to the ESports Championships in LA. Since you lived in Florida, you had to take a flight. All throughout that flight, you'd train. And you'd train hard. Fritz would go down in flames. And you'd love to see the agony on his face when you gloat from across the room at your table with your team. You'd finally end his reign of terror! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
"(Y/N!)" Your roommate snapped you out of your planning.
"Huh?" You answered.
"You started mumbling things to yourself and then you started to evil laugh. You still have to pack and stuff. We're leaving in half an hour." Half an hour?!
"Oh geez. Thanks, Cait." Cait was a teammate on your Esports team. You lived with your whole team in one big house, actually. It was you, Cait, Anna, Reese, Katie, and Molly. Sometimes it got hectic with six girls in one house, but you all made it work. As Cait left the room, you rushed around the room, picking up clothes from the floor (that were clean...for  the most part) and stuffing them in your suitcase. You also grabbed your laptop, mouse, and headphones for the flight. After you finished packing everything, you had about ten minutes to spare. Good thing you've already showered and everything. Just so you were extra prepared, you grabbed anything you thought you may need, like your gaming glasses so you could keep your perfect vision, hair ties, and a wrist brace. You injured your wrist before, playing for a long time, so you didn't want to take any chances now.
"(Y/N)! Let's go!" Reese called from downstairs. You grabbed your suitcase and called down to her:
"Alright! I'm coming!" You jogged out of your room and slid down the banister. Off to the airport!
When you arrived at the airport, on the way towards your gate, you saw a glimpse of Molly talking to a guy. It wasn't her to talk to guys, considering how she was never lucky with them.
"Who's this?" You asked when you made it over to them.
"Mike. He's actually competing against us at the competition. I just wanted to... you know... strike fear into him." Molly laughed awkwardly.
"Yeah...I'm totally scared now." Mike did the same. You weren't an idiot. You knew something was up between them.
"Alright then. You two continue that." You rolled your eyes and went to sit down. Your flight was delayed, so you decided to start warming up. The game you were going to play at the competition was Overwatch. Your main was Widowmaker, so you were an excellent sniper. Fritz's main was Roadhog. Every time you tried to snipe from a covert spot in the map, he hooked you and one shot you with a hot ball of scrap to the face. It got on your nerves. Especially when he teabagged you after you died. You pulled out your laptop and wireless mouse and loaded up the game. A guy sat next to you and did the same.
"Oh, you play Overwatch too?" You asked. The ginger male turned to you and smiled slightly.
"Yeah! What's your battletag?"
"(I/G/N) #3692." You logged into Overwatch and loaded up the training grounds map. The guy's smile turned into a smirk.
"You're prettier than I imagined." He chuckled. You were confused. You've never seen this guy in your life and now he's flirting with you?!
"What do you mean?"
"I'm Fritz. I'm sure you've heard of me." Your eyes widened. Here he was, in the flesh. A chubby ginger with a face full of freckles and glasses. He was adorable, but you would crush him.
"Oh. It's you." You lowered your eyes and started sniping the training bots like there was no tomorrow. Your anger made you even more accurate.
"Wow. You look mad. I can virtually see the veins popping out of your neck." You growled and ignored your enemy as you continued to shoot the bots. Soon enough, your flight was called to board, so you packed up everything and walked towards your gate with Fritz on your heels. At least you didn't have to worry about him on your flight. Right? Wrong. You were sitting in the middle of Fritz and his other teammate, Vincent. Vincent was a Soldier 76 main, so he was just the basic COD player.
"You were right Fritz. She is hot.~" Vincent purred whilst training in the game as well as you and Fritz.
"Hey, chill. You already have a girlfriend."
"True." The whole flight the guys were annoying you to no end. To drown them out, you plugged in headphones and listened to (F/S) (favorite song) the rest of the way to California.
The plane landed, people clapped for some reason, and you and your team/roommates got your luggage and called an Uber to take you to a hotel. When you got to your hotel and got to your room, you had to get ready for the competition tomorrow. You got your team shirts ready, you showered, ordered a pizza to be delivered to the hotel, and you were playing competitive matches to warm up. Your room buddy, Anna did the same. When Anna left the room to retrieve the pizza from the lobby, you sighed. Fritz was on your mind. Thoughts of him grabbed your mind and choked it in its presence. It made you frustrated.
"GOD!" You exclaimed, hitting your fist on the desk. Why was Fritz bothering you so much? You hated him. He was annoying, and he was better than you, and he was cute, but still annoying.
"You alright?" Anna asked as she set the pizza down on another table in the room.
"No," You said, bluntly. "I'm annoyed."
"With what? Did you lose? See, I told you not to queue in another game until I got ba-"
"Not that." You cut her off. "It's...I'll tell you after the competition tomorrow." Anna nodded and dug into the pizza. Pizza was your weakness so how could you not eat some?
After a good night's rest, a nice shower, and an amazing hotel breakfast, you were ready to destroy the competition. The stadium cheered, filling you with determination. (Unintentional Undertale reference) As the announcer called out (T/N), you walked down towards the stage, feeling like a superstar. The giant screens flashed your faces on it, and your theme music was playing. It was like the nerdy version of a WWE intro. When you stepped on that stage and took your seats, you felt like you could do anything.
Then reality hit. No matter how confident you were, you lost. It wasn't the team composition, it was the other team. They were just better. How did you not see this coming sooner? You knew it. But, it was 3-2. Close game. After all of the commotion was over, Fritz's team invited you to an after party. All the teams who competed in the competition were there. It was nice, there were drinks, music, and you got to hang out with some awesome people. Fritz pulled you over to a quieter place at the party to talk.
"Good game." He said.
"Yeah. Good game." You looked off in another direction. He was frustrating you again. How was he doing this? He was making you feel all fuzzy and whatnot.
"Are you ok?" He asked, knowing what he was doing to you. He just wanted to have a little fun.
"Yeah. Juuust fine." Fritz cupped your chin so that you locked eyes with him.
"Really? You look a little red.~" He pressed a quick kiss to your lips and let you go. He walked off to enjoy the rest of the party, leaving you in a daze. He was so annoying, but you loved it. And you loved him.