Music Man x Reader

(Requested by: @DragonWolf1387)

It was a hot summer day and while everyone was outside in the pool and whatnot, you were cooped up in your room, listening to music from a band called "Mediocre Melodies". There were six members of the band. Orville Elephant on the drums, Happy Frog and Mr. Hippo on back up vocals, Nedd Bear and Pigpatch on the electric and bass guitars, and Music Man on vocals. Music Man was any teenage girl's dream. He had shiny pink hair with tanned skin and thick round sunglasses. He always wore pink, to add to his already colorful band mates. A black top hat with a white band around it sat on top of his head, all the while a gigantic smile was on his face. There was never a time he didn't smile it seemed. They could play it all. Rock, pop, funk, they even rapped sometimes. So honestly, the word "mediocre" in their name didn't seem to work since they were anything but.
"(Y/N)! Come here!" Your father called. You lived with your father and two older brothers. You all were huge music fans, and your dad was in a hair band back in the day.

(Bon Jovi, an old 80s hair band)

It was always hard to imagine your dad with huge 80s hair since he cut it down. You rolled your eyes and took your headphones off of your ears, letting them sit around your neck, still playing your favorite song off of their new album, "Purple Killer". Your walk to the living room was a short one, being in a small, one story house. On the couch sat your brothers, Chris and Michael, and your Dad was standing behind the couch, one hand behind his back.
"You look suspicious." You commented, stepping into the room. "Is this another sex talk?"
"No. I got you these." The hand that was hidden came around and stopped in front of you. As soon as you figured out what the items in it was, you grabbed the tickets and rushed back into your room to yell your lungs out.
"YES! OH MY GOD! NO WAY!" You fell backwards on to your bed and held the tickets above your head. Three tickets to the concert this Saturday. How fucking awesome. "Who else am I going to take?" You wondered aloud.
"Us," Mike said from the hallway outside your door. "Dad said you can't go to that concert alone, especially since you'll be in the pit, so Chris and I are coming with you." You groaned and rolled your eyes.
"Fine."

Saturday morning quickly came around and sunlight flooding into your room brashly greeted you.
"Geez," You complained, stretching. Saturdays were chore days, and this week, after you cleaned your room and the bathroom, you were on grocery duty. "I'm gone, Dad!" You called as you stepped out of the house and into your car.

Your grocery list was obnoxiously long, and some things on there were purposely put on there to make you uncomfortable. And judging by the ugly handwriting, you could tell Chris and Mike were behind this.
"First thing's first, the normal items." You said under your breath. One by one, your basket filled with milk, cereal, bread, cheese, yogurt, and plenty of junk food. Next up was the ridiculously stupid items. "I should've gotten a cart, dammit." You sighed and walked towards the pharmacy area of the grocery store. Chris and Mike wrote down that you needed to get extra large condoms, and a pregnancy test. "I hate older brothers," You groaned as you grabbed the items and held them in your hand. Finally, your grocery adventure was over. You walked out of the pharmacy and headed towards the line in front of the check out line. Every lane was packed, and waiting would be tedious. While you waited, you hummed another favorite song by Mediocre Melodies called "Pizza Party". Not too long into the song, the man in front of you turned around.
"Is that "Pizza Party"?" He asked. You frantically nodded, jaw on the floor. As cheesy as it was, Music Man was standing right in front of you, smiling down at you. He was extremely tall, towering over your 5'5 frame at probably 6'5.
"No way..." You struggled for air. Your favorite singer was in front of you and you were holding a pregnancy test and a box of condoms, which Music Man glanced at. He chuckled.
"Congrats?" He smirked.
"Huh? No! These aren't for me. My brothers are asses."
"I was just joking,"
"What're you here for?" You asked. "L-Like what did you need to pick up, if that's not too intrusive."
"Happy Frog's caught the flu. She's not going to be able to perform tonight, and I've gotten her some soup, lozenges, and plenty of tissues and water."
"Oh shoot, I'm sorry about that. What are you going to do?"
"Can you sing?"

You were in your room, at a quarter to 6, donned in your brightest, neon pink shirt, with white jeans, and black converse. After you two finished your shopping, Music Man gave you the set list for the night, and as soon as you stepped foot into your house, you began practicing, making sure to listen closely to Happy Frog singing in the background.
"Alright, so, we begin with Purple Killer, then Pizza Party, following with Yellow Bear, and then Guard. Then there'll be a small break and th-"
"Woah, I think I just went blind." Chris commented as he stood in your room. "Why are you wearing neon pink? This isn't the 80s."
"Because I can, Chris. Are you ready?" Chris nodded. "Is Mike ready?" He nodded a second time. "Cool. Let's go. By the way, you and Mike need to learn how to knock."

The three of you walked into the concert hall and got as close as you could to the railing that the security guards stood at (in case crazed fans tried to jump over and climb on stage). The stage was staring back at you, lights down, and people were staring to file in behind you and your two brothers.
"I'll be right back," You let them know as you squeezed through the forming crowd. You rushed around merch tables and vendors until you got to the stage door that led to the band's warm up room.
"Hey, I need to get through. I'm (Y/N), Happy Frog's understudy."
"Understudy? What is this, theatre?" The guard chuckled. "No can do, little girl. Go on back to where you came from." You huffed and walked back to a popcorn vender. While you waited in line, you texted your brothers and told them what you were doing and why you needed a distraction. They were more than happy to oblige. Mike rushed around the corner with his shirt off, pouncing on to the guard. He gave off the impression he was drunk, the shot of alcohol he swished around in his mouth catching the guard's attention. Chris was next, knocking the guard and Mike t o the ground.
"I'll just..." You stepped over your brothers and the security guard and you rushed back to find the rest of the band. Chris saw you go in, and decided to follow, followed by Mike. You ran right into Music Man's chest as he was exiting the room. "Sorry! I got held up by a security guard."
"You should have told me. I would've let you in myself." You blushed snickered.
"I wasn't thinking about that. Oops."
"Well, are you ready to go on?"

The concert was fantastic. And Mike and Chris got to watch from backstage. Plus, knowing that you met Music Man, your idol, was the highlight of your summer. You couldn't wait to brag to your dad and friends that you met a huge celebrity (who may or may not have asked you out ;))

(This was a bit cliche and cheesy, but who doesn't like a good cheesy oneshot?)