Deaf Springtrap x Nightmare

(Requested by DemonGirlfromHell )

Nightmare and Springtrap lived their lives normally as any other couple would. They'd do everything together since that was how they liked to function. You almost would never see them apart, unless it was for a good reason. To those who knew them personally, they wouldn't see the two as clingy. But to others, Nightmare would listen to their disapproving whispers that came from behind his back, calling his partner "clingy" and asking if "he would start acting more independent, instead of using Nightmare to help him with everything". Normally, Nightmare would lash out, putting the people in their place. But, Springtrap disapproved. As much as he liked to give a douche a good punch in the face, he didn't find it necessary anymore. When Springtrap lost his hearing, his entire lifestyle changed, and so did Nightmare's in return. 

Originally, Springtrap wasn't always deaf. He had two working ears for a while, even if one was only half there. But, after an accident with a nightguard who wanted to survive a little too much, Springtrap was rendered deaf. The guard doused the rabbit in gasoline, lighting his head first and letting the fire consume Springtrap. But, Springy would be damned if he didn't survive the second fire at Fazbear's Fright. In the end, he may have been covered in ashes, and still alive and kicking, Springtrap lost his sense of hearing permanently. 

When Nightmare heard the news, he was heartbroken. He couldn't take Springtrap to concerts, blast music in his car and goofily sing along with him, whisper sweet nothings into his ear while they cuddled, nothing. Even though there were plenty of things that Nightmare could do with Springy, he still felt awful about what happened. He didn't even know sign language, and neither did Springtrap. But, instead of moping around, Nightmare grabbed Springtrap's arm and pulled him to a computer. 
"I know you can't hear me, Springy," He began, typing away at the Google search bar. "But we're going to get through this. Being deaf won't stop our lives. I promise." 

Soon enough, the two learned sign language, and their lives felt like normal again. They could finally communicate again, but Springtrap still felt a bit off. Sometimes he spoke, as he would in the past, forgetting that he couldn't hear Nightmare respond. So, nowadays, he stays silent, even though he can speak just fine. Nightmare noticed this and also noticed the date. Their anniversary was in a week, and Nightmare knew just the gift.

Springtrap woke up to an empty bed. A normal bed wasn't too bizarre when Nightmare was making breakfast, but there was no scent of any food in the air, so Spring was getting suspicious. Honestly, Springtrap hated surprises. What's the point of delaying important information, or a party or something. He'd rather see it up front. 
"Nightmare," He mumbled under his breath, a bit put off that he couldn't hear what he sounded like anymore. "This isn't cool..." Springtrap slowly walked down the grand staircase, assessing his surroundings, left and right. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Everything was in its place. Once both of his feet touched the floor, he walked around, trying to find a possibly hiding Nightmare. "Hiding and surprising me isn't fair, Nighty. I'm deaf, dammit!" He chuckled. Nightmare wasn't hiding anywhere. Weird. Springtrap walked to the kitchen, eyeing a golden bag on the counter addressed to him. Inside was a bit of green tissue paper, a card, and a box wrapped in black with a gold bow. Springtrap appreciated the symbolism. Springtrap ripped open the card addressed "Springy" and read the note aloud. 
Springy,
Happy anniversary! I wanted to buy you something special, but it's not an engagement ring if that's what you're thinking. I know I'm not in the house, I'm in the car. Bring your unopened gift with you and come with me. You may hate surprises, but this is worth it. 
- Nighty-bear
Springtrap's mouth quirked into a smile at the corners. He did as he was told, and took the unopened gift to Nightmare's car, once he got dressed.

After a few minutes, Nightmare pulled into the parking lot of a hospital, number one on Springtrap's list of places he hates.
"What?" He asked. Nightmare got his gift from the backseat and placed it into Springtrap's hands. 
"Open it," Nightmare signaled. The soft ripping of paper was followed by a loud gasp. Springtrap unbuckled his seat belt and basically choked his partner in a hug. As if he were a child at Disneyland, Springtrap threw open the car door and walked quickly into the hospital. What gift would get a person excited to be at a hospital? Well, it was no normal hospital. There was an audiologist inside. And Sprintrap's gift? Two hearing aids. One for each ear.