Scott x Shy Reader

(Requested by @faeriequake)

It's nearly the end of 2017. You are (Y/N) (L/N), a college student at Fazphuck University. No one really questioned why it was named that way since it was a great school. It was weird how a school with a homonym for the word fuck is considered a "great" school. But I digress. You're about to go home for Thanksgiving break. A week-long break after almost a years worth of college studies. Speaking of college, college was kind of hard for you. College was supposed to be a time for you to go out and meet new people, joining sororities and things like that. But, you were more on the introverted side of things. You never put yourself out there compared to most people. Especially compared to your friend of about a year, Phenoix Flame. Ever since your senior year of high school, when you met her, she's been a ball of energy. Some may say that she's a bit annoying, but she embraced that. Annoyance is a good persuasion tactic. To her dismay, you were very much so immune to it.
"C'moooooon, (Y/N)! Parties are the way to get yourself out there! Plus, it's a way to get you laid." You were taken aback. Since you were so shy, you've never had a real significant other. Getting laid was currently out of the picture.
"Seriously, Phenoix? Me? No way Jose. There's no way that you're getting me to go to that party."
"Really? What about if I tell you that Scott'll be there. Does that sound appealing?" Scott. Yikes. You haven't heard that name in a year or two. Scott was the smartest guy in school, for all 13 years he's been in it. K-12 was a breeze for him. Rumors say that he was even the smartest guy in Pre-K, but really, who did anything in Pre-K? Scott was also your middle and high school crush. Your one and only. Too bad that his friend Vincent kept trying to hook him up with various girls. He may not have been interested, but you still couldn't approach him. Your shyness was both a blessing and a curse. Sometimes you got out of doing things for being shy, but you also didn't have many friends and you missed out on opportunities like asking Scott out.
"Seeee? You're thinking 'bout 'im! *GASP* DO YOU STILL LIKE HIM?!" You fell backwards onto your bed and used a pillow to cover your face. "OH MY GOD YOU DO! (Y/N) and Scott sitting in a tree! F-U-C-K-I-N-G!" Phenoix fell backwards on to her respective bed and laughed.
"You know, I could say the same for you and Liu." Phenoix stopped laughing.
"Hey, shut up. I'll date him eventually. Senpai will notice me. But anyways, c'mon! Let's go to the party! It'll be fun!"
"I'd rather stay in and play video games. That sounds more my speed." Phenoix walked over to her closet to find things to wear.
"Fine, but don't say that I didn't invite you."

"God, screw you, Cala Maria!" You raged at your computer screen. Cuphead was a video game that was all the rage, no pun intended. The bright side was that you were towards the end of the game, but the bosses got harder and harder towards the end. Cala Maria was definitely no exception. After a few more tries, you paused your game. Phenoix was texting you non stop.
P: (Y/N)
P: (Y/N)
P: (Y/N)
P: (Y/N)
P: Hey (Y/N)
P: The party's litty my dude
You: Never say that again.
P: Hey you answered!!!!
You: was playing Cuphead.
P: Well since you stopped you should come to the party
You: no
P: pls
You: no
P: o
You: Yeah
You tossed your phone behind you on the bed and sighed. Deep down, you seriously wanted to go to the party, but your introvert nature was holding you back. You just needed to take it one step at a time. Weigh the pros and cons. Besides, nobody was making you stay at the party if you decided to go. You could leave at any time. That was a pro. Human interaction, con. You'd get to see Phenoix and Scott, so that was a pro. But, Scott's friends, Mike and Vincent would be there, drunker than Mike on a normal day. Who knows what they'd do? Con. You were two and two right now. What would you choose? Go to the party? Or just stay home and rage at Cuphead all night?

"This is so dumb..." You complained to yourself as you made your way to the guys' dormitory. In no time at all, you were standing in front of the door to your  doom. Or at least it felt that way. With a shaky hand, you opened the giant door and walked inside. The music was blaring, the people were bumping and grinding, drinks were being downed, and you were feeling very out of place. So, like in any other situation, you stuck to the back wall like a magnet, making your way to a corner. Well, until you bumped into someone, getting their alcohol-spiked punch all over your dress.
"Shit..." You mumbled to yourself. "I'm sorry..." You tried to wring out the wet part of your dress.
"No, it was my fault. Is your dress okay, (Y/N)?"
"You know my na-" You locked eyes with the glasses-wearing figure in front of you. Scott. "H-Hey...S-Scott..." Your voice quivered worse than when you watched that one horror movie with Phenoix. Whatever nightmares you had from that were suddenly not scary. This was terrifying. It was basically a living nightmare.
"I'll be back. Let me get napkins or something." Scott weaved his way through the crowd into the bathroom. Your heart rate started to slow, though your hands were shaking like they were frozen. That was your first real talk with Scott. It may have been a couple of words, but it was pretty successful. You didn't think that he knew your name. You didn't think that he even knew that you existed. Your little moment to breathe was over. Scott came back and handed you a bunch of paper towels. The two of you (without touching anything inappropriate since that was your main concern) started to dab the paper towels on the stain, gradually getting the stain to dry bit by bit.
"T-Thanks." You quietly said as you went to throw the punch-covered towels away with him.
"No problem. I didn't think I'd be seeing you here."
"Y-Yeah...My...friend...coaxed me...to...cometotheparty." Your face was more red than the punch that covered your dress. It was hard enough for you to come to the party. Now you were talking to your longtime crush, at this party. Your mind couldn't comprehend the sheer insanity. It was much. It was too much. Before Scott could get another word out, you rushed out, disregarding anyone in your way. You needed to leave fast.

You rushed into the quad, running like You life depended on it.
"(Y/N)!" Scott yelled from behind you. "Wait!" You stopped in your tracks, breathing heavily along with Scott. "What happened back there?"
"I...I..." You shook your head and gave up on trying to speak. There was no use. You sighed. What's the point. You should have stayed in your dorm, playing Cuphead until the sun came up. Then you wouldn't have had to deal with this. Scott grabbed your arm and pulled you closer to him. He had this small smile on his face. "You've always been shy, huh?" You nodded. His grip slowly went from your arm to your hand, intertwining his fingers with yours. He did the same with the other hand. In this moment, it was the two of you and the night sky. Everything was perfectly quiet.
"JUST KISS ALREADY!" A drunk Phenoix yelled from the dormitory. To fulfill her wishes, you stood on your tiptoes to kiss the taller male. Unlike your personality, that kiss was anything but shy. You were holding that feeling back for a while and you finally got it out.
"C-Can we go back to the party...?" You quietly asked. "I-It's not really my scene bu-"
"What do you want to do, (Y/N)?"
"Video games in my dorm? I'll let you play Mugman in the game Cuphead." Scott kisses your forehead.
"Sure. Let's go."

(The character "Phenoix Flame" is an OC submitted by @Roxelle_ThePirateFox)