Security Puppet x Reader #2

(Requested by @Shivahannah)

The term guardian angel was used figuratively. People used the term to symbolize maybe a loved one looking down on you and protecting you from above, or maybe a person in someone's life protecting them. Little did they know, guardian angels were real. From birth, they were assigned to you, and their sole goal was to protect you. Simple right? But, it was too simple. They had to find you. Your assigned guardian angel came in the form of a puppet. He couldn't speak, but he could shift from his toy puppet form to his actual, tall puppet form. Puppet had to choose on where he wanted to wait for you. And it took a while, but he decided to sit in a toy store, put himself on sale, and hope that one of your parents would buy him.

Sitting in a toy store was definitely not the most exciting thing in the world. Every day and night, Puppet would watch parents with children come and go, buying toys around him, leaving him alone. There was both something comforting and saddening about not being bought. No one wanted to buy him, which was great and bettered his chances of being your protector, but also, your parents were never coming in to buy Puppet. Some doubt certainly started to set in. Would he ever get to you? Was this a bad idea?

Months and months passed. Months turned into years, and soon, the toy store started to go out of business. Toy stores weren't in high demand nowadays with online shopping and superstores. Puppet internally sighed. Would he ever get bought in these last few days? With each passing hour, the time frame of being united with you was getting smaller.

Nightfall washed over the city like the rain that lightly fell on the asphalt of the toy store parking lot. The tension was high within the Puppet. Would tonight finally be the night? Would (Y/N)'s parent pick him up and take him to (Y/N)? Puppet shut his eyes and silently hoped he'd get picked up and taken out of this store before he got thrown out. As if higher powers were listening to him, a couple walked into the store, drying off their umbrella as they stepped onto the mat in front of the automatic doors. Puppet's eyes widened as he watched the parents looked around. Soon enough, your mother locked eyes with Puppet, sitting in his box as cute as can be. Without hesitation, she picked Puppet up and took him to the cash register.

Puppet was soon brought home to a 10-year-old (Y/N). He didn't think he'd be here as late as this, but at least he made it to you. Luckily, you didn't think he was creepy, unlike your older brother.
"Why does he look like that?" He looked at Puppet with a confused face.
"It's a toy, Mike, get over it." Your sister Doll rolled her eyes at him. You were the youngest of three, if you couldn't tell. Mike was 13, Doll was 12, and you were the baby (and the most spoiled) at 10. Mike sighed and walked out of your room, probably to steal Doll's diary again and read it out to your parents. Doll quickly followed to beat him up if he tried to step foot into her room. And then there were two. You and your new toy puppet.
"Hmm," You pondered. "There's something about you, I just know it." There was a connection a person and their guardian had. The guarded always felt a need to be with their guardian, as they should. "If only you could talk, or something." Puppet's head tilted upward, seeming to look at you. "Oh! Weird...Do you do anything else?" Puppet floated in the air and transformed right in your eyes. A six foot tall, lanky puppet stood over you. His giant hand with slender fingers waved at you. "Oh my God. That is so cool!" Before he transformed back, he put a finger to his mouth. "Your secret is safe with me."

As the years passed, puppet fulfilled his duty as your GA. During your teenage years, any bully that seemed to pick on you one day, disappeared without a trace the next day. Every deadbeat boyfriend you had seemed to leave town without a word. And as people moved on, Puppet got closer and closer to you. He was your closest friend, even closer to you than your siblings.

"Puppet," You asked him in your room, relieved that you finally finished high school. Puppet looked over to you, waiting you to continue. "What happened to all of those people who wronged me?" Puppet dragged his finger across his throat in a slashing motion. "What the fuck? Seriously?" Puppet went and sat next to you on your bed. His soft arm draped over your shoulders in a slight hug. You sighed. "It's crazy that I'm actually condoning this. Puppet, that's not okay." Puppet hung his head in shame. He legitimately was ashamed of what he'd done. He was supposedly an angel from above, and he was committing acts of murder. "Don't do it again, alright?" Puppet nodded. You softly pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Go stuffed. I'm going to bed." He did as he was told, sitting at the foot of your bed as a stuffed puppet, like it was when you were little. Puppet could still remember how it was when you were little.

"C'mere, Puppet." You said as you grabbed your new favorite toy. Outside, a terrible storm filled you with fear. Hearing those tornado warnings on the television made you even more nervous.
"(Y/N)," Mike said, propped against your doorframe.
"Huh?"
"If it all comes down to it, and the house's torn to shreds from this tornado, we're eating you first."
"Shut up, weirdo. We have enough food to survive if we were in a bad situation," Doll interjected.
"Not if we keep you two in the house. Do you know how much you eat on a normal day? Not to mention when you're on your period, Doll. Like leave some for the rest of us, Jabba the Hutt."
"Screw you," Doll slammed the door to her room while Mike laughed and shut yours. Once again, like it usually was, you and Puppet were alone. Thunder crashed, lightning struck, and rain splashed down, startling You with every loud sound. As you held puppet close to your chest, he snuggled in closer to you, the warmth of his material and your bond comforting you into a deep sleep. You knew that Puppet would never put you in harm's way.