she jumped to her feet happily and dropped the paintbrush onto the newspaper she was sat on to avoid marking the floor.

"kitchen!" she shouted back

our kitchen, she thought.

she hadn't seen him this morning as he'd gone before she'd woken up and she only got a quick glimpse of him before he left when he kissed her cheek goodbye.

he came into her eyeline wearing a grey suit, his baker boy hat and a huge grin on his face.

she raised her eyebrows with a matching grin waiting for him to update his job status.

"i got it."

penelope grinned happily, "you got it! you really got it?"

"i really got it!" he shouted.

penelope excitedly jumped on the spot before running up to him but stopping as she got closer, "i have paint all on me i'm gonna ruin your suit!"

he didn't reply and instead wrapped his arms around her waist picking her up and spinning her around, "i don't care about the suit. i got the job penelope."

she immediately tied her arms around his neck and wrapped her legs around his waist, "im so proud of you!" she mumbled into his neck. he put her down and she tiptoed pressing her lips to his. he kissed back right away and they both stumbled backwards into the freshly painted doorframe meaning penelopes back was now also covered in paint as well as her hair which had grown a significant amount since they first met. it was now down to the middle of her back. right at this moment it was in a bun at the back of her head to stay out of the way whilst she painted.

"i'm so happy pen," he smiled as he pulled back from the kiss.

"i'm so happy for you johnny," she said biting the inside of her cheek as she brushed her fingers through the hair peeking from under his hat. he lingered his hand on the side of her cheek before making his way down her neck and tickling just under her ear gently.

"no i mean with everything. we have a house!" he beamed, "a fucking house and it's all ours, mine and yours! we have jobs and a house and - and my god pen-" he forcefully kissed her again pushing her against the doorframe and she moaned throatily at the sudden move.

"we're doing it," she spoke breathily as he moved his mouth to her neck and his hands up to her hips under the shirt, "we're making the life we want happen - and it's so exciting."

he moved his lips from her and rested his forehead against hers, "everything is perfect," he whispered pushing some of her loose hair behind her ear, "you're perfect," he pecked her mouth again moving away from her whilst pulling his blazer off his shoulders and hanging it on the bannister to the staircase which was to the side of the kitchen door frame.

he picked up a paintbrush from the side of penelope and dipped it in the paint to quickly reach the top of the door frame where penelope couldn't reach.

most of the rooms in their house had a few boxes in as they hadn't unpacked everything yet apart from the living room. they had all new furniture brought by caleb, he insisted he buy them brand new things for their new home, they refused and refused but ultimately gave in. Mimi also brought them a few things and she came with them and caleb to settle into the house and she even got emotional saying goodbye to john - even though they'll still visit liverpool - she viewed him as her little boy and watching him grow up made her feel so proud. caleb decided to buy the house he was living in in Liverpool and live there permanently, he still owned the home in wales but is renting it out to earn money from it considering he was retired. he also published another two books since meeting penelope and dedicated them to Penelope and Sabrina both also known as, the brightest stars in the darkest night.