• F O U R T Y F I V E

*a good 2 months time skip.

Yoongi's footsteps echoed through the empty hallways

Yoongi's footsteps echoed through the empty hallways. His body temperature dropping low as he just came from an evening jog. The breeze finally calming his heart rate as he slows down the steps. He raises his wrist and checks the time - it was almost dinner time so he'll just go by your room and fetch you, so you all can walk to the cafeteria together.

The more alone and steady he becomes...

The quieter and emptier the halls looked.

His eyes peak into rooms and find them empty.

But he dismisses the thought and turns around the corner and continues down the hall. Goosebumps began to form as he sees no nurses in sight at all. Yoongi picks up the pace and immediately stands by your door. Frantically looking around as his fist softly knocks on the door.

"Baby?"He calls, "Are you there?"

However, he bears no responsibility. His eyebrows furrow at the unfamiliar gesture - you always respond. Yoongi pushes through the door and walks into your room. The lights still lit and your window wide open - but Taehyung was also nowhere to be seen. Which was also rare.

The lights immediately turn off and an uneasy emotion takes over him.

"What the heck?"He mumbles, "Where's everyone?"

Time seemed to slow down as he hears small patters in the dark - humming coming from the halls and Yoongi immediately turns around and jogs out the door. He frantically looks around and follows the humming sound down the hallway. He turns a sharp corner but halts as he comes face to face with a patient as he held a candle in his hand. Humming softly as the rest all lined up. A good meter away from each other. Yoongi smiles at the cute children as they all sang the same tune.

The boy with dimples immediately raises his hand and gives Yoongi a small paper - he blows out his candle and immediately walks away.

Yoongi frowns, trying to call for the little boy but it seemed as if he lurked into the shadows.

'My own thoughts haunted me and I've hated who've I have become,'

His heart immediately drops as he reads it, nausea filling him immediately as he suddenly felt the urge to find you. Yoongi runs his hand stressfully through his hair and bites down on his lip. A little girl holding a red rose tugs his shirt gently before raising her hand and handing the fresh flower to him. As soon as he held it - she walked around him and immediately ran into the dark. The note held a note attached - hopefully, this one would be more heartwarming.

'But you made me feel worthy of being who I am.'

The next child held another red rose but this one held no letter. The little girl takes the letters and cutely jogs away. Yoongi's inner protectiveness heightens as he realizes the children disappear. He didn't even know there were even children in this asylum. They all looked small and adorable - despite him not always being a fan of children - his heart swooned.

The more he walked down the dimly lit hall the more roses he got, and the softer the humming became. He walked steadily the roses began to fill his arms - and as he walked past the kids - they've all switched off their candles.

The child with a large candle stops Yoongi and gives him yet another letter.

'I've never had the opportunity to thank you.

Before I met you all I wanted to do was to end it all but after that fire... (You almost killed me you dumbass don't ever think I'll even forget about it)

you made me realize so much. And that is what I want to live. I want to live for as long as I can .'

He pursued his lips as the memory he wanted to bury in his pit of regrets so bad. The fact that he nearly killed the love of his life causes an uncomfortable shudder to go through him. He sadly smiles at the boy and handed him the letter.

Hoping it would rip or even disappear into thin air.

Yoongi sadly takes the roses from the kids - finally coming to the realization they are all leading up to the rooftop.

The last little girl stands in front of the entrance to the rooftop. Yoongi still not realizing the tune that she was lone humming. All the other kids were gone and she stayed put - shyly humming before stopping. Silence filling the halls. She opens the letter for Yoongi - standing on her tiptoes just Yoongi has just enough leverage to read it. The Roses began to get heavy but his arms didn't grow tired.

He never experienced any of this before and he was starting to grow a little excited.

'And I want to spend my forever with you'

"C-can you please help me count to 10 please?"

Yoongi laughs slowly but nods anyway.

The little girl giggles as she realizes the man in front of her was not going to hurt her. She pushes her hair back and begins to fiddle with her feet.

"Unnie told me you were nice..."She mumbled, "I thought she was lying..."

"Let's get started, "He dismisses, "One,"

//

"Oh, mercy I don't think I can do this, "You mumble.

You stand on the uplifted surface whilst everyone else stood in the place. Jisoo hushed everyone as she placed her head against the door. She hears Yoongi helping the little girl and she immediately jogs to the light switch. The rooftop was dark and the Sun was gone. Great fully it was not so cold that night but it still didn't calm down your radicating heart.

Jisoo signals the countdown and your palms become sweaty.

Here we go.

//

"Thank You, Oppa."

"Anything for you Angel, "He smiles, "Now is there a reason why I am here with so many beautiful roses?"

The girl scratches her neck lightly - slightly forgetful as Yoongi watched her think. On her left was a paper stuck to the wall with her reminder just in case she forgot.

"Oh!"She shouts, she lifts her wrists and reads the message.

"Unnie!"

Vote vote vote 💜
Edited
Please kindly point out the mistakes.
Thank you.