• T H R E E

Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also more hard to bear. The attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden: it is easier to say

"My tooth is aching"

than to say

"My heart is broken."

― C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

Your body layed on the bed, facing the ceiling

Your body layed on the bed, facing the ceiling. Blankly staring up as you've just woke up from your slumber. Your tiny figure was exhausted, mostly glued to the blanket, trying your hardest to raise yourself up from the bed, instantly you regret it. Tiresome spread throughout your nerve system.

Your body ached, stiff from its previous activities.

The air conditioner coated the humid air, instantly giving you relief. You were alive, you were okay. You were breathing, and for the first time in a long time, you were glad.

Glad that your heart was still beating.

The red light by your door turned green, signaling the arrival of Jisoo. In her hands she held a white tray, a smile layering her face.

"You were out for a while." She whispered.

Her eyes watched you, as she placed the tray silently on your hairdresser and sitting on your bed. That's when it hit you and reality came crashing down on you once again.

You nearly died.

The one dream you've always wanted has now switched being into a nightmare. You didn't want to die anymore. You wanted more days to breathe and to hopefully see better days. All you've ever wanted was to disappear without even giving the world a chance.

"I brought some Bacon and Peas soup, with some bread too." Jisoo said," Do you think you're stable enough to eat?"

You place your hands on either side of your body before weakly bringing yourself upright. The body now pressed against the wooden bed frame. All the words were taken out of your mouth and you just couldn't bring yourself to talk to Jisoo.

She placed the tray on your lap before releasing a heavy sigh. Slowly taking out your file, and a pen from her pocket, she begins to do a checklist on you. Making sure that you're not acting out of the ordinary. You dip your spoon into the thick soup. It smelts really well.