seventy eight

Start bij het begin

"did you know about this?" charlotte asked in penelopes ear.

penelope shook her head, "no, nothing."

"so this is Every Little Thing, for you my love," john spoke those last few words directly to her. she felt giddy with excitement as the band began playing and soon enough johns voice joined the angelic equation. the lyrics were completely beautiful, but the chorus made penelope tear up. the fact that john had written her this song and then performed it in front of so many people when he found it difficult to open up to anybody anyway made her realise how real his feelings were. she would never of doubted him but this really confirmed it for her.

"When I'm walking beside her
People tell me I'm lucky
Yes, I know I'm a lucky guy
I remember the first time
I was lonely without her
Can't stop thinking about her now
Every little thing she does
She does for me, yeah."

the song continued and johns voice sang it beautifully.

charlotte grabbed penelopes hand getting emotional for her and squeezed it as the song came to a close.

penelope wiped her eye clear of any tears that had built up and the band made their way off stage. george, paul and pete all climbed off the stage and right into the crowd but john made his way into the backstage dressing room. penelope wasted no time pushing through the crowd right to the dressing room door, she knocked quickly before barging in.

she found john wiping his forehead with a towel and drinking some water. his head snapped round to her as she made her presence known by shutting the door and locking it.

he bit the inside of his cheek as he waited for her reaction, "hey."

"when did you write that?" she asked taking a few steps closer to him jumping straight to the point.

he scratched his forehead and took a seat at a stool by one of the desks facing her.

"in wales after we met caleb for the first time," a pink tint rose on his cheeks as he spoke about this, "did you like it?"

"did i like it?" she repeated before walking straight over to john and cupping his cheeks planting her lips on his. she kissed him with a force she hadn't used before and he wrapped his arms around the back of her legs.

"i loved it, johnny it was beautiful," she mumbled. he stood up pushing their bodies close together slipping his tongue into her mouth, she moaned in surprise and wrapped her arms around his neck tiptoeing to be as close to him as possible.

he pulled away groaning and rested his forehead against hers, "i love you," he said.

"i love you so much," she replied kissing him again.

it was clear from this point that penelope wasn't up for stopping wherever this encounter was going and so he started leading them to the door.