Snape stepped forward, cringing at the word assistant. Maurelle could tell he would give anything not to work with an imposter.

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry- you'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear. One, two, three." he said as both of them walked towards each other.

They stop to face each other, raised their wand, brought it down, and bowed. They turned the other way, creating distance between them. They swiftly turned around and Lockhart counted to three.

"One, two,...three!" Lockhart said.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape casted, sending Lockhart down.

Maurelle smirked knowing he got what he deserved.

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, butif you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious- ah- what you were aboutto do. And if I had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy." Lockhart tried to play it off.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to blockunfriendly spells, Professor." Snape said.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape! Ah... Let'shave a volunteer pair! Um, Potter, Weasley, how about you?" Lockhart looked at them.

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll besending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someonefrom my own house?" Snape looked at Maurelle and Draco, but decided to send Draco in.

"Malfoy, perhaps?" he said.

Maurelle thought it was for the best, she didn't want to hurt him anyways.

Draco smiled like a kid in a candy store, as he got up on to the platform.

"Break a leg." Maurelle said.

"Thanks." Draco looked back at her.

"Literally." Maurelle said.

He rolled his eyes and continued on.

"Wands at the ready." Lockhart announced.

"Scared, Potter?' Draco taunted him.

"You wish." Harry said.

"On the count of three, cast your charms to disarm youropponent- only to disarm. We don't want any accidents here. One, two--" before Lockhart could say three, Draco took his head start.

"Everte statium!" he casted.

Harry flipped in the air and landed hard. Maurelle gasped and was worried for his safety. On the other hand, Crabbe and Goyle were laughing. Maurelle smacked both of their heads causing them to comply.

"Rictusempra!" Harry casted back.

This caused Draco to flip into the air as well, but this one landed on his bottom. He faced Maurelle, watching her giggle at him. He was embarrassed that he made a big fool out of himself in front of her. Snape grabbed his robes and pulled him up.

"I said disarm only!" Lockhart warned the two, but Draco failed to listen.

"Serpensortia!" he casted a snake to appear.

Harry didn't know what to do, so Snape intervened to stop the nonsense.

"Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid of it for you." he stepped forward, but was interrupted by Lockhart.

"Allow me, Professor Snape." he said.

"Oh no, here we go again." Maurelle sighed.

"Alarte ascendare!" he said.

The snake ascended up, but came back down, making it more irritated.

Harry started speaking to the snake, "Sya- hassa- she. Sya- hasi- heth. Sya- hasi- heth." Maurelle didn't know what was going on, at first, but when she listened closer she understood what he was saying. She thought to herself, that this was the exact same situation they were in at the zoo. She quickly ran towards where the snake was looking and stood in front of Justin.

"Listen to us and leave him alone." Maurelle spoke in parseltongue.

"Hisssss, your tongue issss quite fluent. Unlike himm. Why don't you sssstepp away child?" the snake said.

"No, leave!" she persisted.

"Well then, I guess you can dieee!" the snake readied its fangs and was about to punce, but Snape got to it.

"Vipera evenesca!" Snape casted causing the snake to disintegrate.

"What are you two playing at?" Justin looked at Harry and Maurelle.