Arrival

After an hours drive in silence, we finally arrived at the homeless shelter that was to become my new home. "Now remember, this will only be temporary," Andy encouraged but something in my gut told me that he was lying to me. That I would be here for quite a while.

Hesitantly, I entered the building, caution was clear in every step I took. Something in my gut screamed at me that something wasn't right there. Immediately, I began to feel uncomfortable, as if someone was watching me as I approached the office with my bags. The staff gave me my key and I signed the contract as quickly as I possibly could, hoping to escape the uncomfortable feeling I felt as soon as I entered my room.

But as I unlocked the door, a cold breeze brushed past my face and the feeling seemed to gain stronger. I began to unpack my things when I heard the sound of a childs laughter coming from the on suit. Cautiously, I approached the door, feeling absolutely terrified before I opened it to see who was in my bathroom to see that there was no one there.

And yet the laughter seemed to move to the point where it was directly behind me. I span around in order to capture the culprit yet I saw nothing. "Someone's got to be playing some sort of practical joke on me," I finally summarised before I continued to unpack my things. It had only been half an hour when I heard the childs laughter again, this time it seemed to emanate from directly behind me. The laughter sounded as if it were right behind my ear yet when I turned around, there was nothing there.

Slowly, I began to feel uncomfortable and left my room. I rushed into the diningroom to see all the other people who lived in the building were all there, either making their tea or on their laptops. I glanced around, none of them seemed particularly interested in my arrival and all of them seemed far too busy to be playing practical jokes. Silently, I wondered whether all of this was an act and they were in fact playing practical jokes on me but yet I wasn't entirely sure.