The Haunted Hostel

"Your pushing her from pillar to post!" Joanna's voice echoed through the hallway and entered my room as I continued to pack what few belongings I owned.

"We don't have much of a choice," Andy replied, "Rosaline, are you finished packing your things?" He called.

I packed the final pieces of my belongings and stood at the door of what was once my room. "Yea," I replied before I left the room, closing the door behind me and wishing that they weren't forcing me to leave. I entered the room where Joanna continued to shake her head disapprovingly to Andy.

She approached me and smiled, tears flooding her eyes as she wrapped her arms around me, "Becareful sweetie, don't let them keep you there, keep pushing them until they give you a place of your own okay," she said, her voice filled with sadness and worry.

Tears began to stream down my face as I held Joanna close to me, the smell of lavender filled my nose as it radiated from her and I knew that was one of the many qualities I was going to miss about Joanna. "Don't worry, I'll be fine" I comforted, forcing my voice to remain strong.

"You better be," Joanna replied as she stepped back and her grip became firm on my upper arms as she held me in place. I looked up into her worn, worried baby blue eyes, "if anyone tries to hurt you, you better give them a good smack"

I giggled as I analysed her face with my eyes, ensuring that I would remember every last detail of her. Her grey hair that reflected beautifully like the moon, her baby blue eyes and her face worn with age that still held the beauty of her youth. "Don't worry Joanna, I'll make sure to give out my best punches," I reply.

"That's my girl, stay fierce won't you?" Joanna replied.

"I will"

"Good, don't let anyone push you about and don't let anyone hurt you," Joanna paused for a moment, "and you better stay in touch young lady"

"I will," I replied.

"Come on Rosaline, we don't have a lot of time," Andy hurried, his voice as sharp as a knife as he spoke. I sighed and nodded before Joanna released me and I walked towards the door. Every fiber of my being screamed at me to protest, to refuse to go but I knew it would be little use. All they would say to me is your intentionally making yourself homeless.

I entered the car and waved goodbye to Joanna as she stood at the door. Tears continued to stream down her face as she waved back to me and Andy began to drive away. Separating me from the woman I had lived with for the past six months. The woman I had begun to view as family. As a mother.