Chapter 1

"Will you please stop unpacking your belongings?"

"No! I'm not going. What part of that don't you understand? Why are you trying to send me away? I'm a good kid aren't i?"

"Of course you are Cordelia. It's just... You don't have any friends and..."

"By choice! Why can't you understand that?! I don't like people!"

"Cordelia, I am your mother and you will do as I say. You will stop raising your voice at me and continue packing your bags. Your aunt will be here momentarily so hurry up."

I opened my mouth to protest but my mom stopped me by putting her hand up. She looked done, completely done with me. By the look on her face I could tell that the conversation was coming to an end no matter if I liked it or not. "No farther discussion. Do you understand?" I nodded my head and she walked out of my room. The sound of her heals made me flinch as she did so. I really hate that noise.

Anyway, Why does my mother have to be so controlling?! I don't want to go to a frigging boarding school. Why can't she get anything that I say to her through her head? She acts like she cares but she won't listen to me. My being friendless is a choice. It's not a bad thing, it just means I'm more independent. Right? I really hope you think I'm right.

I'm Cordelia by the way. My name means of the sea. Most people that I know don't have a meaning for there name but I do. You see, my parents were both professional swimmers. They love pretty much anything that has too do with water and since they have that in common they decided to name me something that has to do with water. I don't mind though. I probably love water as much as them, but that doesn't mean that I want to be a professional swimmer. That is totally the reason my mother wants to send me away. Once I am gone, my mother and father will produce a new child, and force them to be the new famous family swimmer.

Ok, maybe I'm being a bit over dramatic but can u blame me? My parents are sending me to a boarding school for crying out loud! Come on! I'm their only child! Why send me away? Just why? I have a right to be upset and over dramatic. I do.

"Cordelia! Hurry up so you can say your goodbyes! Your aunt Beatrice will be here at any moment!" My moms loud but oddly pleasant voice called from whatever room she was in.

By the way, did I mention that I hate my name? I much rather be called Lia. So, call me Lia.

My aunt Beatrice works at the boarding school that my parents are sending me to and that's probably the only reason I got in. The school, is really expensive. Yea, my parents have an ok amount of money, but we aren't rich. If it wasn't for my aunts doings, I probably would not even be attending this school, but of course nothing works out for me in life. I have a right to be upset with my aunt as well but I don't have the heart to be. It's not her fault my parents are so persuading to everyone, except me.

After I closed my suitcases and other bags I walked downstairs to meet my mother and father.

"Oh I'm going to miss you so much raindrop!" My dad hugged me and I hugged back. Most dads call their daughters sunshine. Mine decides to call me rain drop. I don't find this normal. My family's obsession with water is a bit scary.

"I'm still angry with you two." I mumbled and moved on to hug my mom.

"You'll get over it." My mother said just as the doorbell rung. Oh joy.

"Aunt Beatrice!" I said with enthusiasm as my mother and father finished greeting her. "I've missed you so much!" I said giving her a huge hug.

"Cordelia! Oh my gosh you've grown much! Are you excited to be attending your new school?"