Chapter 26

"Ok so, Thursday my mom will come get me, you, Eric, and Faith. Winter's parents haven't given her an answer yet. And then on Monday. We'll go to his school and I'll ask him! Sound like a plan?" Jade asked. I nodded my head and muffled a yes. I couldn't respond any other way because my mouth was stuffed with a donut and I was way to tired.

"What's the other part of the plan?" Winter asked. "Well I talked to my uncle since he's the principal of the school and he says there's going to be a pep rally. So, we're all going to dress up like the teams cheerleaders, preform with them and during the last stunt, that's when I'm going to ask him."

"How are we going to learn a routine of a school's team that we aren't even apart of within a few hours? And how would we blind in? We don't have a uniform."

"Don't worry. That's being worked out. Plus, it's an easy routine that Valentina came up with. She's gonna teach us. It's going to be great! I'm so excited!"

"You're not nervous?" Winter asked.

"Nope. Only excitement." Jade beamed at us.

...

Thursday came really fast. Like really fast and I was excited for Jade but also nervous. How were we suppose to blend in with another's school's cheerleading team? Like what? But, I am really excited. It's like we're taking a little vacation from school and I'll get to see Eric more! Plus, Faith has been acting more like herself. I'm not sure if she's just excited but whatever it is I'm happy that she's sort of normal again.

...
Mr. Adam wasn't Mrs.Kelly when she came to get us so they had just enough sits. Almost... Eric sat in the front and Jade, Winter, and Faith sat in the three sits in the back.

"Dang it. I knew I should have taken the other truck." Mrs. Kelly said.

"Here. Jade come sit in the front." Eric said.

"Whyyy?" She pouted.

"Just do it you big baby."

Jade sighed and got out of the car. She sat in the front sit and Eric sat in the back where Jade once was.

"And how does this fix our problem?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him. He patted his lap and then I understood what he did.

"Oh." I mumbled to myself before climbing into the vehicle and placing myself on his lap.

"That works." Mrs. Kelly said. "No touching in inappropriate places." She pointed at Eric and I before closing the door. I blushed and hid myself with the crock of Eric's neck. Dang it. I thought I was done with blushing.

The car ride was awkwardly silent and I didn't like it. No one was talking and it was making me feel really awkward.

"Can somebody talk?" Mrs. Kelly asked. "I have a car full of teenagers and we've been driving for like two hours and none of you have said one word."

No one said anything and she sighed. "You're all lame." I don't know why I found that funny but once she said that I started laughing and I couldn't stop.

They all looked at me as if I were crazy but that just made me laugh even harder. Everything was silent aside from my laugh and within a few more seconds Eric joined me. We were both laughing really hard and soon we were all laughing. I'm not sure if they're laughing because I was laughing so hard or if they finally thought about what Mrs. Kelly said but either way I was happy they were laughing with me.

After the insane laughter died down, Jade put on music. She then looked at her mom and complained about peeing her pants.

"Mom, I'm going to pee my pants if I don't see a toilet soon."