Chapter 9

"Surprise." Jade mumbled as I glared daggers into her soul. How could she keep such a big secret from me?! What the hell?!

I looked at Jade's parents and her mother smiled at me. "Hello darling. You're Lia right?" Looking at her was so weird. She was like the female version of her son. She had pretty long dark brown hair that curl a bit but not too much, and she had piercing blue eyes. Her skin was on the lighter side, and all around she was just gorgeous.

"Yes mam." I said giving her a small smile. "Wow you look really familiar. Honey doesn't she look familiar?" The lady looked at her husband. Looking at her husband was weird as well. He reminded me more of Jade.

Both the women and man had a small southern accent. It wasn't noticeable if you didn't pay attention and I'm sure it's something that would die out the longer you are around them. 

The man looked at me and smiled. "Sure does. I can't quite put my finger on it."

"Have we meet you before?" The lady asked.

"Not that I know of." I said shaking my head.

"Well I'm Mrs. Ryder but you can call me Kelly and this guy right here is Adam she said patting her husbands shoulder.

"It's so nice to meet you." I said smiling at them both.

"Well, does everyone have everything?" Kelly asked looking between Jade, Eric, and I. We all nodded and exited the building.

Once we got to their truck my eyes widened in surprise. I don't know anything about vehicles but I can definitely tell that this is an expensive one. Goodness! They must be loaded.

After opening the trunk Mr. Adam grabbed all of our belongings one by one and placed them in gently. He closed the truck gave us a smile and then made his way to the drivers seat.

Mr. Adam got in the drivers side, as I said , Ms. Kelly got in the passenger side and that only left three more seats to be taken. I looked at Jade and she gave me an evil smile. I knew what she was about to do and I didn't like it.

In the blank of an eye she took the seat behind her mother, leaving only two more seats. No matter what seat I choose, I would have to sit by Eric. I'm gonna kill her.

Eric opened the door for me and I mumbled a quick "thank you" before getting in next to Jade. Eric got in next and closed the door behind him. Being this close to him made me feel nervous.

Eric still seemed confused about this whole situation his brows furrowed in confusion. He probably didn't know of this arrangement. From what I've seen, him and Jade never talk. I would have never guessed that they were related.

"Alright who's first?" Mrs. Kelly asked breaking the awkward silence between us all.

"Oh me!" Jade said reaching towards her mother. Kelly chuckled and gave Jade a wire thingy. Jade plugged it into her phone and within seconds the song Talking Body started playing. Eric shifted uncomfortably besides me and I bit my lip.

Once we got to the middle of the song, Jade was singing loudly, Eric was staring out the window and I was sitting oddly in the middle.

"Now if we're talking body
You got a perfect one
So put it on me
Swear it won't take you long
If you love me right
We love for life
On and on and on" Jade sung at the top of her lungs.

"shut the hell up!" Eric said making me flinch. Jade stopped singing and stuck her tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes and continued looking out the window. This whole situation is weird to me and I don't know how the heck to react.

15 songs later and I was exhausted. Eric's head was resting against the window. Jade's singing had finally come to a stop and I was slightly falling to sleep. Well, that was until Eric shifted and his knee rubbed against mine.