Chapter 24

After two boring classes, it was finally time for lunch. I stuffed my iPad into my bag and rushed out of the classroom, completely forgetting that Jade was behind me. I made my way into the lunchroom and got straight in the lunch line. I grabbed a tray and placed the foods of my choice on it. Once I got to the front of the line I handed the lunch lady my card to scan. She scanned it and smiled at me before giving it back. I returned her smile and began my journey to our regular table.

Faith and Winter were already sitting down but neither of them were paying attention. Winter was staring at someone while playing in her hair and Faith was completely out of it as well. She was playing in her food while staring into blank space... Well.

"Thanks for leaving me." Jade said as she sat next to me.

"Sorry." I said as I unwrapped my sandwich. "I'm really hungry."

"Excuses. Excuses." She said shaking her head which making me laugh a little.

After taking a few bites of my sandwich, I turned my attention to where Eric usually sits and frown when I see that he's not there. "Do you know where Eric is?" I asked.

Jade shook her head and Winter finally snapped out of her love daze as she looked at me. "That's who you're dating?" She asked.

I nodded and she smiled. "Cute! Just be careful."

I gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?"

She just shrugged. "Just saying. Everyone has their problems."

"...ok." I said awkwardly before taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Faith. Fille. What's up?" Jade asked making me turn my attention to Faith.

Faith shook her head and put on a fake smile. "Nothing. I'm just a little tired is all."

I pouted at her. "You should get some rest before the practice for the pep rally... And before the pep rally."

Faith nodded. "I'm gonna go to the room." She said before standing up and grabbing her bag. She didn't even throw her food away. She just left. What's up with her? She's usually so happy.

"Maybe she's on her period." Winter suggested.

I shrugged and continued eating. When I was done I had maybe 30 minutes left so I decided to throw my trash away and go look for Eric.

Once out of the cafeteria I took out my phone and texted him.

'Heyyy. Where are you? I wanna see you.'

'Room.' He responded making me frown. I'd visit him there but I wasn't allowed and I so didn't want to experience my first detention. I'd cry.

'I wanna see you :( Can you meet me by the tree?'

'Sure baby. Be there in five.' His response made me smile and giggle a bit to myself. I was such an annoying cliche girl.

After putting my phone back in my bag I exited the building and made my way to the big tree Eric and I usually hung out at. I sat down and about 2 minutes later Eric appeared. I stood up when he arrived and smiled widely as he pulled me into a hug. He gave me a quick peck on the lips and we both sat down.

"How's you're day going so far?" I asked.

"Eh. Boring. School sucks absolute ašs." I laughed at his choice of words and he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. "How's your day going so far?"

"That same I guess. Everyone's sort of acting weird."

"What do you mean?" He asked giving me a concerned look.