Chapter 10

It was late. We were all tired and I was on the verge of passing out. I've never been a fan of road trips. I've never actually been on one either. My mother and father live closer to the school, therefor it didn't take dreadful hours to get there.

It was dark outside. The only lights were coming from the stars, a few street lights and the car lights.

Jade was asleep. She was leaning against the window with her mouth wide open. If you looked at her too long, it would be hard to keep your composure and not laugh.

Mr. and Mrs. Riley, they were silent. The whole car was silent apart from the sound of the road and Jade's light snores. And Eric... I didn't know what he was doing. I was trying not to look at him. It was hard but I was succeeding. Staring at him was becoming creepy even for me.

I yawned as Mr. Adam continued to drive. My eyes fluttered closed as my head lay back onto the seat. I was falling asleep, but I wasn't the only one. I felt a head lean against my shoulder. It wasn't Jade. I couldn't be Jade. She's sitting on the other side of me.

I opened my eyes and I turned my head slightly. Eric fell asleep on my shoulder... And he looks so cute! I bit my lip and my heart beat began to quicken.

I. Just. Died.

🌺🌱🌸🌿🌺

"Hey. Guys wake up." My eyes snapped opened and I realized the car was no longer moving and Eric's head was no longer resting on my shoulder. I was sort of sad because of the lost of contact but I'd then realized that that was weird and got over it.

Eric stretched his arms slightly before yawning and hopping out of the car. I got out next and stared at the house in front of me. I looked peaceful and modern. I like it. We all grabbed one bag and walked towards the door of the house. Mrs. Kelly rung the doorbell and soon a women opened the door. She seemed to be in her late 20's and she looked a lot like Mrs. Kelly.

She welcomed us into her home moved aside to let us in. When her eyes landed on me she looked a bit confused and then it seemed as if she came into a realization. "You must be Lia!" She said smiling at me.

I smiled and nodded my head. I was too tired to talk. "I'm Chrissy." She said placing her hand out for me to shake. I shook it and then she pulled me into a hug. I laughed a little at that and then she pulled away.

"Alright so I only have two rooms so, kids in one room you two in the other?" She asked looking at Adam and Kelly.

Adam seemed ok with the idea but Kelly didn't seem too sure. She looked between Eric and I and my cheeks heated up once I figured what she was probably thinking.

"I don't know." She said looking at Chrissy.

"Oh come on it's like 2am. They're not going to do anything. Poor Eric's eyes are bloodshot from being so tired and they all look like they're about to pass out."

Kelly thought about it a little longer and then nodded. "Ok." She looked at Eric and I one more time. She was about to say something but Adam stopped her. "I'm tired." He pouted like a teenage boy. Mrs. Kelly laughed and she nodded. "Ok ok."

Chrissy smiled. "Alright well you two can go to your room and I'll show the children theirs" with that they nodded and made there way down the hall.

Chrissy smiled at us and told us to follow her. She lead the way upstairs and into a room that was too dark to see anything. She turned on the light switch and I looked around. It was nice.

"Alright so their is a bathroom through that door." She pointed " and the couch is a pull out bed as well so their are two beds. Choose wisely." She said before leaving.