Chapter 41

"Look who it is! My favorite side of the family!" Cooper said as he walked up to us. He shook hands with Mr. Adam, kissed Ms. Kelly's hand, hugged Jade, fist pumped Eric, and then smirked at me. Oh joy. "Lia! Nice to see you again!" He pulled me into a hug and then looked at Eric. "Good job man. Looks like you can at least do one thing right." He said jokingly.

"Oh shut up, Cooper." Eric playfully rolling his eyes at him.

"Well it was nice seeing you all, but I've got to go."

"Why son? The dinner hasn't even started." Mr Adam stated.

"Yeah, well, my baby brother is sort of coming early and I need to get to the car before my family leaves me."

Ms Kelly gasped. "Christine is in labor?!"

Cooper nodded. "She's going to invite the rest of the immediate family once the baby is born. She doesn't want to interrupt the whole dinner because she knows how much grandma and grandpa have put into getting this ready for tonight.

"Update me on what happens, ok?"

"Will do, auntie Kelly." With that being said Cooper rushed off and headed out of the two huge double doors and just like that, he was gone.

Before sitting down at the table that was reserved for us, we said hello's and how are you's to everybody; and I do mean EVERYBODY. I pretty sure I've been introduced as "my girlfriend" like 20 times and no, it did no get any less awkward as we went on.

Finally we sat at the table with the card that read The Ryder's. It amazes me how they got just the right amount of seats for everyone in each family. I mean how would they possibly know that a girl who's currently dating one of the grandson's would be joining the family event of the Christmas season. Unless they were told, but even if I were told, I would forget immediately with how many other things I would probably have to remember.

As we first sat down it was awkward. Everyone was just sort of staring at each other and not saying anything, but the silence was soon interrupted when I guy I've never seen before walked up to our table.

"Hello. My name is Wilfred and I will be your butler for this evening. Can I start you off with something to drink?" He asked and then looked at Jade who was sitting on the seat closest to him. We all ordered our drinks and then ordered our food right after. Once Wilfred left things weren't as quite as they were which was pretty calming for me.

"Grades are up." Eric said as he was looking down at his phone.

"What?!" I gasped my eyes widening. "We didn't even finish the last exam."

"They graded it by what you already did." He said which made me extremely nervous. He's going to be soooo disappointed if I did horrible.

"Do you want me to log in on my phone or do you want to do it?" He asked. I was too nervous to look and he'd find out my grades anyway so I told him to look for me. "You do it."

"What's you password?" He asked as he typed in my username which was just the students first and last name.

"Mckenzie."

"Why so?" He asked as he typed in the password.

"I don't really know. I just like that name."

"Is that what we're gonna name our future daughter?" Hearing him say that made me blush. He wants to have children with me?

"Maybe." I said blushing even more.

He glanced at me and then smiled while looking back at his phone. "You're so cute. Honestly I could..." Silence. Complete silence, while other than Jade and her parents conversation but as for Eric he was silent. Oh no. I failed!