Chapter 60

The Ryder's choice of transportation shocked me just as much as everything else they have showed me has. Instead of taking a long ride home on a bus like I was expecting or even making a call to get immediate plane tickets would have been normal but the Ryder's were far from normal, and I kid you not I was almost shocked to death when I stepped foot inside their private jet.

"It's our grandparents jet." Jade said as she saw the shocked look on my face. "If you couldn't tell by now, they like showing off."

I nodded in agreement and sat on the couching area that was was directly in front of the tv. Winter, Faith, Chase, and Jared followed my lead, and Jade went towards a drawer that I assumed held varieties of different movies. Eric on the other hand followed his parents towards the front.

My parents were not with us. They found there own transportation home because they had some things to sort out before they came to get me which made me think that I wouldn't be going back to school for a little while.

Our first stop came maybe about an hour and sometime later where Winter was being picked up and brought back to school. Faith and Chase also left. They live somewhere close to the school which made since because Chase used to teach us.

To be honest I was really to see them leave, I didn't get to spend much time with them at all due to what has happened but I had a gut feeling that I would see them again so I didn't worry about it.

The rest of the ride was really silent. I was curled up in the corner of the couch by the wall with a blanket, watching The Lizzie McGuire Movie. Jared fell asleep in Jades lap and she was playing in his hair while watching the movie with me. Mrs. Kelly joined us in the middle of it but she fell asleep as well.

"Where's Eric?" I asked. I haven't seen him since we boarded the jet and I had so many questions for him even though I'm sure he won't answer them.

"He's probably flying the jet." Jade said causing my eyes to almost fall out of my head.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah dad gets us off the ground and he lets Eric fly until it's time for landing or until he gets tired. Grandpa, moms dad, taught my dad how to fly when they were dating in high school and once Eric turned 14 maybe, dad started to teach him little by little how to control it. He's just up there if you want to go see him." Jade said and I nodded before standing up. I hesitantly made my way towards the front and stood there awkwardly not knowing what to say.

"You can come in sweetie." Mr. Adam said giving me the confidence to walk in. My sight was immediately pulled towards all the different buttons that I didn't know the functions of and then I looked at Eric who seemed pretty focused on what he was doing. "I'm hesitant to leave you two alone because I really don't want this jet to go down but I really have to pee so promise me you won't kill us."

"Dad go pee." Eric said while chuckling a bit. Mr. Adam nodded and quickly made his way out of the small control room. As he did so Eric's attention quickly turned towards me before looking back at the pretty sky. My eyes glanced down at his hands as he did so and I couldn't help but flinch a bit when his grip tightened on the wheel. His right hand was all bruised and he had a lot of cuts. Especially on his knuckles and where his rings were.

"Oh Eric." I say while covering my mouth. It looked so painful.

Hearing my call of disapproval, Eric looked up at me and sighed before clicking a button and turning his complete attention to me. I'm guessing he put the jet on autopilot mode but what the hell do I know.

I walk closer to Eric and he grabbed my hand before looking down. "I don't know what to say to you."

"I just want to know what happened back there." I said causing his face to twist into something that looked like pain. I rubbed my thumb over his bruised knuckles and he winced causing me to frown.