Chapter 39

"And where are we going?" I asked as I looked outside of the plane window. A lot of the things this family does is all so new to me. But the fact that I was currently riding first class, going God knows where is topping it all.

"We're going to our family's ski resort." Eric said causing my mouth to fall open.

"You family has their own ski resort?!" I gasped. Eric looked amused by my bewilderment but didn't ease it as he kept talking.

"My grandparents started it so technically, they own it. Every Christmas and New Years the whole family gathers there and we do a bunch of crap together. And by the whole family, I pretty much mean the whole family. My grandparents children. Their children's significant other and children. And also the parents of either husband or wife of my grandparents children. If they're not related by blood, they have to be bond by marriage in order for their family to be able to join. It's kind of confusing."

"Yea, I kind of didn't process half of that, but I get what you mean." I said causing him to laugh a bit bit.

"It's like, if you and I get married and we have children. We can go to the resort, our children can go, and your parents and possibly even siblings can go as well. If we weren't married but we were in a relationship like we are in now, only you could come. If we were in the relationship we're in now and we had children, only you, and our children could come. It's a weird system."

"Let's just hope we don't have children out of wedlock."

"Yea, that would be pretty bad."

"So are the people at the resort gonna be the people I've meet before?"

"Like Cooper and Cleo?" Eric specified for me.

"Yeah, like them."

"Yes."

"You're family is pretty awesome."

"Well, you're apart of my family now, so I guess that makes you pretty awesome too."

"I'm not really apart of your family. I'm more of just a friend."

"We're dating. You're more than just a friend." He said causing me to blush.

"To them I'm probably known just as your first girlfriend. I don't think they think we'll last. At least, not in this generation."

"Do you really think we won't last?" Eric asked, his voice saddening.

"Of course I think we'll last. It's just really rare for a teen to date one person and that be it for them. Especially at our age."

"We're different, Lia."

"And how do you know?"

"I just know."

The rest of the plane ride was... A normal plane ride pretty much. I talked to Eric. I talk to Jade. Eric and I played with each other's fingers. We watched a movie. I fell asleep, and then I was awakened by the sound of the plane landing. As we were descending, Eric lifted up the window cover so we could see the outside world. I gasped once I saw all of the snow. Holy crap. It's snowing!

"It's so pretty!" I gasped staring out of the window.

"You're so pretty." Eric said making me blush.

"Stop it." I said hiding my face between his face and shoulder. He chuckled before grabbing my hand and playing with my fingers again.

The landing was over before I knew it and I couldn't help the excitement that kept growing inside of me. I felt like a little kid.