Chapter 25

"25!"

"Wrong again Alex! What's you're problem today? My math teacher Mrs. Mathews asked Alex who just blurted out for the 4th time and got it wrong. Again.

After maybe about 15 minutes of her lecturing him... And then us, the bell finally rung. I pretty much flew out of my seat and fled out of the classroom with everyone else. School is so frigging annoying.

"Lia!" I turned around and saw a smiling Jade running up to me.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked giving her a confused look.

"I know how I'm gonna ask Jarred to winter formal!" She said.

"You're asking him?" I asked.

Jade nodded in excitement. "And you're gonna help me!"

"And how is that gonna happen?" I asked. He didn't even go to this school. Was she gonna ask him over Skype or something?

"We're gonna go to his school and I'm gonna ask him in a musical way because you know... Everyone likes music. Right?"

"You can play an instrument?"

Jade shook her head. "I can sing."

My mouth dropped open and she laughed. Jade can sing?! Since when? What the hell?! How come I didn't know this? "You can sing?!" I pretty much yelled at her.

Jade nodded and I gasped again.

"But I'm not completely sure if I want to sing or not. I mean it's original and basic at the same time. What do you think I should do?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't even know what the heck winter formal even was. I'm assuming it's some type of dance. If it is, will I even attend? Will Eric ask me to go with him?

"Do you have cheerleading today?" Jade asked.

I shook my head and smiled at her. "It's a free day. I can go in our room and sleep."

"Don't you have an essay to write?" My eyes widened as I face palmed. She would remind me of something like that and ruin my happy vibe. Just great. I hate school.

After getting a snack and a drink from the vending machine, Jade and I made our way to our room.

It was currently raining outside but it wasn't too bad. It's been two hours since classes ended and I only had like one paragraph of my essay. Jade was on her bed watching Netflix with her headphones on her head, Winter was asleep like always and Faith was... Well she was reading a book. What the heck? Faith doesn't read.

I put my pencil down and took a closer look at Faith. "What are you reading?" I asked. She gave me a look and closed her tablet immediately. "Nothing." She said before biting her lip and looking towards the ceiling.

"What's up with you." I asked.

"I've just been tired lately. I'm sorry if I seem cranky."

"Are you sick or something?"

Faith shook her head. "I don't think so. I'm just having one of those months. Ok?"

I nodded my head. I didn't believe her but I was going to let it go... For now.

"Have you talked to any cute guys lately?"

"No. I'm not really into anybody at the moment."

'I wonder why.' I thought sarcastically to myself. I wish she would just tell us all what's going on. I know she'll be so much happier if she just lets her feelings out.

After trying to get a little bit of information out of Faith I went back to writing my essay. The room stayed quite pretty much the whole time except for the fact that it was storming outside. You could hear howling of the wind and the roar of the thunder. You could also hear the pitter patter of the rain falling onto the roof. It was creepy and peaceful at the same time.