1| Hello?

"Well?" My friend, Jessie, asks. "You have to at least say hi to him or he'll never like you back."

For context, the person she is talking about is Kim Seokjin. He's smart, tall, handsome, and don't even get me started on his adorable personality. If he would ask me out, I would say yes in a heartbeat, that is, assuming my heart is still beating after he asks me out.

I've talked to him maybe once, but that was my first year of college and only to say 'sorry' for bumping into eachother in the halls or something.

Right now, I'm sitting criss-cross-applesauce facing my half-drunk friends in the aftermath of a small party at Jessie's dorm room. They've been pestering me ever since they found out I liked Seokjin, and tonight is just one of the nights they won't stop talking about him.

"Jessie, I don't need to say hi to him. I'm perfectly fine admiring him from a safe distance across the cam-"

"Oh shut up and take his number already!" Oliver tells me and hands me a small piece of paper. "You're popular, pretty, witty, what's there not to like? If you asked him to get down with you, he most definitely would."

I roll my eyes, "He wouldn't. He probably doesn't go for girls like me, anyway."

"hE pRoBaBLy dOeSn'T gO fOr GiRls LiKe mE, aNyWaY." Jessie mocks in an annoying tone and makes herself and my other two friends laugh.

"That was a pathetic imitation of me." I scowl and tip back my beer to drink some more.

"That's exactly what you sound like, Eliana!" Rebecca confirms. "You're hot, you have good grades, you used to be the head of the cheerleading squad until a month ago! Any guy would love you!"

"And girl for that matter." Jessie smiles and lays on her back on the wooden floor, her dark curly hair covering her face slightly.

"Okay first, ew, don't call me Eliana. It sounds gross." I correct. "Secondly, thanks, but still. He kind of goes for the adorable I-can-cook-better-than-you type."

"Just dial his stupid number, Ellie!" Oliver leans over Rebecca's legs to stick the phone number in my face. I grab it with disgust.

"I'm not calling him." I cross my arms after discarding the paper on the floor next to my legs.

"Just do it!" Jessie exclaims. "Tell him how much you want to screw him right now! I'll do it for you if you won't-" I see her grabbing for the paper but I snatch it back into my hand.

"Fine I'll do it." I grumble, feeling the multiple beers from before invade my mind the more I look at the dumb paper with Seokjin's phone number on it.

My vision wavers slightly and I can't read the digits correctly at first, but once I'm done dialing it into my phone, I'm sure I have the right number.

I hold my phone up to my ear, full of confidence and ambition to tell Kim Seokjin that I, Eliana Rostell, want to fuck his brains out. The phone rings a few times and the more seconds go by, the more confidence I feel myself getting in the fact that I'm going to prove my friends wrong.

I hear him answer his phone and before I let him speak, my drunk ass decides to tell him first why I'm calling. "I want to fuck. Meet me at the library tomorrow after classes and we can go to my dorm."

"Sure, but uh, who is this?"

And my heart sinks in my chest. This is not Seokjin. This is someone far worse than him. My eyes go wide and I feel my heart thumping out of my chest. Blood is pumping rapidly through my veins and my hands get clammy.

"Uh- uh, I'm um-" I stumble over my own words and freak out as all of my confidence slips away along with my ability to speak. " S-Sorry, I just- um. This call wasn't for, uh, y-you. I-I'm sorry."

"Wait, aren't you Ellie?" I hear the guy ask just as I'm about to hang up on him.

"E-Ellie? Um, no. Definitely not." I hang up abruptly when he starts to talk again.

"What was that?!" Oliver asks with furrowed brows, "Now he's really going to think you're weird!"

"That wasn't Seokjin." I fall back against the floor with red cheeks and my heart racing out of humiliation.

"It wasn't? We gave you the right number!" Jessie exclaims defensively.

"You must've dialed it wrong." Rebecca laughs. "Who was it, then? Just a random stranger you called to have sex with? It can't be that embarrassing if you'll never see them."

"It wasn't just a stranger." My body fills with shame and guilt. "It was Jeon Jungkook."

My friends erupt in fits of laughter. "You called the Jeon Jungkook?" Jessie slaps her legs and cackles. "At least he's hot, right?"

"He's revolting, not hot." I scrunch my red face.

"He would totally do you, so on the bright side, you called someone who wasn't disgusted by you." Oliver giggles.

"Yeah, because that makes it so much better." I say as sarcastically as I can.

I pull out my phone and look at the number I dialed, comparing it to the number on the paper.

I look between them until I get to the last two digits. Damn, I switched them.

"I dialed it incorrectly." I sigh heavily. "Great."

"At least he doesn't really know you that well, right?" Jess attempts to see a silver lining.

"He knew who I was from my voice alone." I shamefully put my face in my hands. "We only have one class together and we don't even sit near eachother; he shouldn't know I exist to be honest."

Then how do you know about eachother? I hear you asking from the other side of your device. Well, reader, I was the former leader of the cheerleading squad up until last month when I quit. The cheerleaders on campus are extremely popular amongst the other students not only because of cheering, but because of other activities that they're forced to do to show their school spirit.

But Jeon Jungkook is only well known for his looks, really. I don't know why anyone would actually like him. He's a cocky douche-bag who he thinks he's all that and a bag of chips. Sometimes I see him walking around campus with his stupid leather jacket and dumb black jeans paired with none other than his signature 'look-at-me-I'm-cooler-than-you' boots.

"I can't believe I did that." I groan and recall the feelings I had when I heard Jungkook's voice; disgust, confusion, and most of all, humiliation. I throw myself back and my head hits the floor with a thud, "End me."

••••••

I hope you're enjoying this so far!!
-Appie<3

I will ask a question at the end of each chapter, so today's is:

Have you ever accidentally called someone and said something you regretted?

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕