Unwanted Family Ties P2

Someone's Dreaming

Unknown Character Pov continued from last chapter

The steps creaked under my footsteps. I could still hear the shouting. I walked up to the door. This had been going on since I entered double digits. This argument was always happening between my dad and my step-mother.

"Count Jason, we're husband and wife you're suppose to listen to me," demands Cassandra.

"You're not the woman I loved when I married you that was for business and to keep borders straight. I only married you to keep the title and my daughter safe from the darkness that befell when she was just mere to walking age. I never loved you Cassandra. And I never will." spoke Jason.

"You're one cowardly noble man. Why do you spare your daughter the embarrassment of being a failure. Forget sending her to Alfea when she comes of age. Send her to Beta Academy where she will learn to thrive. You remember exactly what happened the last time at Alfea the last time you saw your Grandmother Faragonda. Beta will teach her so much more than that dorky school on Magix. She and Chimera could be good no great friends."

"No. And don't you dare go calling my wife's school dorky Cassandra," snaps Jason. Cassandra frowns. She crosses her arms across her chest. She was stubborn when she needed to be and this was just the beginning of that.

"So it is too be a tradition to send her to where her mother soon vanished thanks to the Princess Daphne of Domino."

"Never ever insult the royal family of Domino," warns Jason. "I made my choice. Lillian is going to Alfea and that's final. And you won't be the one to change my mind Cassandra. Do want you want with Chimera but Lillian is not going into that wretched school for bullies."

"Wretched!" snaps Cassandra. "And that school full of self-centered idiots is even better than the supreme sign of strength at Beta. Hump! Any fairy would lose to my fairy school at first confrontation."

"You're pushing it a lot Cassandra," responds Jason. "Now get out! I don't wanna talk about it."

I ran off hiding in the broom closet.

"You horrid man! I wish I had convinced Radius to throw you out!"

"How dare you threaten me wench!" thunders Jason. I cringed. Sometimes I wish he work on the language. It was almost if Cassandra managed to have an effect with him on anyways even though one thing was very true. He did not love Cassandra. He couldn't there was no way his love could come to another as it was destined for an unusual young lady of high society unlike Cassandra and Chimera. They only had what they had only gained the titles and wealth because Jason was forced to marry her. So yes you could say that we pratically saved Chimera's life at least my father did. I was a little girl. I didn't gain the choice to even make.