(Chapter 29) Game Over

Start from the beginning

"It-it-it-it-it's ok," you stammer.

You sit up too, frantically running your hands through your hair which you suspect looks like a bale of hay right now.

You glance at him and notice that tufts of his dark hair are crisscrossing each other, sticking out in random straws over his head.

You can't help but smile.

"What?" he asks defensively, his fingers flying to his head and tossing his bangs about.

"Is my hair messy?"

He starts shaking his head from side to side roughly, straightening out his sleep-do by sheer force of inertia.

He's headbanging so hard that the bed shakes.

"Oh my god, you fixed it. Stop! It's fixed, it's fixed!!!!"

You laugh, holding out a hand to stop him from shaking himself dizzy.

He finally stops, and he does look a bit dazed for a second, his eyes unfocused.

"Aish," he grabs his neck, as though he gave himself a crick.

Your eyes meet and you both laugh sheepishly, embarrassed.

He still self consciously runs his fingers through his hair, trying to look presentable.

A short knock comes on Jungkook's door, and both of you jerk your heads in that direction.

The sound turns into heavy scraping and some kind of low keening.

"Jungkkoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkk..."

"It's Taehyung," Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"Come eat breakfast, manager hyung brought food, then we have to go to the studio!"

Taehyung rubs himself on the door, and the entire door shudders, sounding like a ghost movie.

"Jungkoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook..."

"You really want me to come out there?" Jungkook shouts at him.

The sound immediately stops, following by fading shuffling footsteps.

You burst out laughing.

Jungkook sighs.

Then he reaches across the short distance, and places his hand over yours.

"Hey, look... I... I wasn't trying to, to... take advantage.

It seemed right at the time because we were both so exhausted. We needed to Heal, and I know we Heal better when we're hugging, and... I...