Chapter 12: Probably A Mind Reader

Start from the beginning

Janice felt her shoulders slack and tried to give him an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry! I was curious!"

"I literally drove this car all of 4 times and you suddenly jump in and dirty the whole thing." Jeremy said teasingly. Janice giggled. Jay peeled out of the parking lot, not waiting for anyone. Sidney pulled out next, followed by Peter. Jeremy slowly eased out of his parking space and tagged behind Peter. Jeremy turned on the radio and placed his hand on Janice's. She felt her face heat up and turned towards the window. This was going to be an awkward car ride.

The coffee shop was actually right down the road. They barely went a mile on the road before turning into a small parking lot. The group of 5 bustled out of their cars and into the small shop behind a Walmart. It was a cute little place with a long counter and scattered booths. They went to the long counter and sat down. The order went from Sidney, Jay, Janice, Jeremy, and Peter. The best possible seating arrangements Janice could think of, this was sarcastic in her mind. They faces a window and a kitchen opening so they could see cooks in the back and customers walk in. The heat of the two boys on either side of her made her feel comfortable anyways.

"What y'all having?" A middle-aged woman with big hair asked the group.

"Hot chocolate." They all responded at the same time. The group laughed quietly as the big-haired lady blinked in surprise. She scribbled something on her notepad before escaping from the possible mind readers.

The café wasn't filled, Sidney explained that mostly the local know about it. Since it was hidden behind a big Walmart from the main road, Janice could see why. The friendly staff and quiet crowd was something that Janice enjoyed. She propped her head up on the counter with her elbow and watched people walk around her with the mirror. Jeremy chatted with Sidney across the bodies, having an audience of Peter and Jay. Janice continued to people watch despite the conversation going literally around her.

Janice smiled when a couple and a child strolled into the café. The woman was a tall beautiful red head and the man was an equally attractive blonde. The child with them had dark brown hair and looked like the mother, nothing like the man. The couple laughed and something the boy said and nodded. The couple looked around 30, the woman looked slightly older than the man, but he still towered over her. The child was around 10? Janice guessed. She watched their intertwined hands and wide smiling faces. The host started to lead them to a booth behind Janice's group but the boy was standing by the podium, staring at the pictures.

The woman laughed at her child. "Come on, Jeremy!" She called over to the son.

Suddenly, Janice felt Jeremy stiffen next to her. She tore her gaze from the mirror and looked up at her Jeremy. She saw that his face had paled and he was staring into the mirror.

"Jeremy?" She whispered up to him. He let his gaze fall on Janice but then quickly looked over his shoulder to look at the family.

"Oh no." Jeremy said under his breath. He stood up suddenly and pulled Janice to her feet. "I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but I need to meet someone. I was just supposed to pick Janice up. I'm sorry." Jeremy whispered frantically.

"It's fine dearie. I'll just tell the waitress..." Sidney said with surprise.

"Thank you." Jeremy said curtly, hanging his head. He quickly turned and dragged Janice with him.

It was too late for Janice to warn him. By the time Janice could form her lips to her warning, Jeremy had already crashed into the man. Jeremy landed on his butt and the man fell against his table. His wife asked if he was okay and proceeded to tell Jeremy off. It wasn't a pleasant speech to say in front of a 10 year old anyways.

"Are you okay, man?" The stranger asked, ignoring his wife's complaints and helped Jeremy up.

"I'm okay. I'm sorry." Jeremy muttered under his breath, hiding his face once again.

"Are you sure?" The man said. Janice watched the two. Why was Jeremy acting like he didn't want the family to see them? Did he know them from somewhere? If he helped them on a mission they wouldn't remember him at all. What was he worrying about? Janice asked herself these questions. Janice noticed that the woman stopped complaining and was starring at Jeremy, Janice's Jeremy, with an intent-thinking look.

"I'm sorry." Jeremy whispered again, ignoring the question and grabbed Janice's arm once again and pulled her to his car.

Before Janice was out of the café fully, she glanced back at the couple. The couple was open-mouthed staring at the two retreating people.

"What was that all about?" Janice asked Jeremy once they reached the car. He didn't answer till he pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road. It was a pregnant silence before Jeremy laid out the horror for Janice.

"Those two were the last two people to see me alive."

A/N: Song on the side is on replay! The songs post don't usually go with the story but I just really like them. Did I tell you that already? Hum... Am I the only one who thinks that the new font thing is like for partially blind people? No offense to any partially blind people... I just... I'll just stop talking now...

I hope you can forgive me enough to read the rest of this. So I've recently watched Restless with Henry Hopper. And I love him, until I found out that he... Yeah. If you want to know: the internet is a great place for researh and stalking...

If you haven't read "It's Her Story" then you can it out at my page. I wrote it for my friend cause we are both really... weird? crazy? It's really up to you HAHA..

If you find any mistakes please message me or leave me a comment! Thanks for reading!