Chapter 21: Where does this leave us?

Chapter 21

            Janice only saw one perk of going over to Jay’s house yesterday. She knew where it was. After storming out of Jay’s apartment, Janice found herself shutting herself in her own room. Thoughts raced about the kiss and her mistake. How could I? I had one job and I almost gave it away! She had scolded herself mentally.

            Skipping dinner, Janice planed every detail for the next day. Thinking back to her plan, Janice skipped out of the house and stole Jeremy’s car. She needed to be quiet, so no one would know she was gone. Jeremy would have been with her, but he didn’t try to talk to her that night. She didn’t mind.

            Janice drove to Jay’s apartment and waited for something to happen. It was really early in the morning and her stomach was growling. Janice wished this would go by fast so she could grab something to eat. She sank lower in her seat. This is going to take forever! She groaned to herself.

            Just then, a familiar shadow exited the building. Janice pushed herself up and watched as Jay glanced around and jogged to his car. Janice started the car and pulled away from the side to follow behind him. She stayed back a couple feet so he couldn’t see her face. The sun was just peaking out of the clouds but she already had on her sunglasses. She followed Jay for a good twenty minutes. The urban town scene slowly changed into the more rural lands. Janice let a small car cut in front of her. It provided good camouflage. 

            Jay took a sudden left and Janice almost passed it. Jay had turned into the town’s mental hospital. Janice was confused. What was he doing there? To hide suspicion, she continued down the road and made a U-turn. She turned into the parking lot as Jay disappeared into the building. She found a space to park in and sat in her car.

            Was she supposed to follow him? Would it be too late? Janice didn’t think of this as an option so she obviously had no plan. I should wait it out. She told herself. Before she could tell herself otherwise, she tore out of the parking lot and back onto the main road. Well, that was a bust. Janice told herself, frustrated. At least she knows where he goes every Saturday. 

~

            Janice walked into the Sunny Lane the afternoon of the next day. After returning home from stalking Jay, Janice sat on the porch to think. She had just sat there with her thoughts. She and her conscience had a good talking to. She realized that she hasn’t seen Peter in a while. Maybe he’ll come and visit her again. Maybe he’ll yell at her. Janice realized she probably wanted that, something to keep her on track.

            Jay sat at the counter with his black bound book. Janice tried to sneak a peek as she walked over. He shut the book and looked at her. “What are you doing here? You don’t work on Sundays.” Jay told her. 

“I was just checking up. I wasn’t here since Thursday and I have time to kill. I’m meeting Penny in about an hour. I had nothing else to do.” She said, only half lying. Janice had a ton of homework that needed to be completed. She almost cringed at the thought of it. 

“Everything is fine.” He told her before stooping below the counter. She leaned over the obstacle to watch him throw the book in the basket. “What do you really want?” He asked with a huff. 

“I just wanted to apologize for what I said yesterday.” Janice said, finally.  Jay looked at her for a second before glancing out to the mall.

“Are you sorry about the kiss?” Janice thought about it for a second. Should she lie? Maybe if she gets closer to Jay she can finally figure something out. Maybe that was the wrong way to go…

“No.”

“Good, me neither.” He said before pulling her towards him. Their mouths met over the counter. They both sighed into the kiss and pulled apart.

“What does this mean for us?” Janice asked, pressing her forehead to his. Their breath was matched at a hearty pace. 

“I don’t know.” Jay whispered to her. “Does it really matter?” He breathed. Janice thought before shaking her head.

“No, it doesn’t.” And then they were kissing again. 

            “Woah!” The two pulled away at the sound of Penny’s voice. “I did not expect that.” She said. “Well, not this soon.” She giggled and walked over. Janice let her hands fall from Jay’s hair onto the counter. “Hi, Jay.” Penny said with a suggested sigh. 

“Hey, Penny.” He sighed.

“You ready to go?” Janice spoke up. Penny gave her a wink.

“I am. Are you? I’ll meet you in front of Cinnabon in five.” Penny gave them a finger-wiggling wave before skipping out of the store. 

“You wanna meet tonight?” Jay asked Janice. She answered with a silent nod. “Let’s meet at the diner at 7.” He suggested. 

“Sure, I’ll see you then.” She grinned and gave him one last peck on the lips. They let them wander there for a second before pulling away at last. She squeezed his hand before turning around and strutted out of the store. As she moved throughout the mall, Janice let her hand trace her lips.

            They kissed. She couldn’t believe they kissed. What would this mean? Was this against the rules? It was part of the strategy. Peter couldn’t deny her like that. Janice stalked towards Cinnabon and spotted Penny with her face pressed against the see-through glass. Janice’s nose swelled with the smell of cinnamon and sugar. 

            Penny grabbed Janice’s hand and pulled her into the line. “You want anything?” She asked. Janice shook her head. “Suit yourself.” She shrugged. The line started to move forward. “So, what’s up with you and Jay?” She asked.

“I really don’t know.” Janice shrugged. “I’m confused about everything.”

 “So you aren’t a couple?” Penny pouted. Janice gave her a bland look. “Too bad. He’s hot.”

“Penny!” Janice gasped. The two girls giggled before giving the worker Penny’s order. “Maybe I should tell Matt about what you said.” She teased. Penny shrugged.

 “Matt may be a guy, but he knows that Jay is attractive.” Janice thought about it then nodded. Who didn’t know Jay was attractive?

(^u^)

Hello! So, what was happening in your ilfe? BECAUSE MY LIFE IS JUST WONDERFUL YAY. So, in the last chapter I told you I was obsessed with IM5, BUT NOW I'M CRAZY AND UGH. If you follow me on tumblr you would know. I literally have IM5 tags but OK SO I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT MY TAGS FOR DANA AND GABE SHOULD BE. I PLAN ON ASKING THEM. So click the external link for my tumblr AND LOOK THROUGH MY TAGS BECAUSE DAYYUUMMMMMMMMMM. P.S. I might go to Colorado and IN THE MAINLAND THEY HAVE CONCERTS SO HOLLA. 

P.P.S. I'm writing a fanfiction with my bffl Ashley and I must say, it is pretty DARN good! Look forward to that! <3