Chapter 9: Surprise Classmate

Chapter 9

            The sad truth to Janice was the fact that she had to deal with Sidney’s grandson during school too. He was a senior also. There was also the possibility that they wouldn’t even see each other during school. When Sidney suggested they should ride to work after school everyday, it was obvious that both teenagers didn’t want to build a friendship, taken by the reaction of screaming ‘no’ and running to the opposite directions of the store. Knowing that the irritating brat is going to be with her, Janice decided that it would be best to ignore the boy, for the soul purpose of her final mission of course.

What if they are related? 

What if they had a relationship?

What if he’s a friend with Jay Trainer?

What if he got in the way of her mission?

            The more Janice thought of the boy, the more narrow her questions got along with her dying hope. “You’ll forget all about the boy. You are here for your final mission.” Janice chanted to herself on the morning of Tuesday, her first day of school.

            As she did her morning ritual, got in Jeremy’s car, rode to school, and walked into the school building, the only thing on her mind was the mysterious J. Bear. Why was she so caught up on him? That was the most distracting question of all. But when she spotted the secretary sitting quietly at her desk, Janice shook all thoughts out of her head and walked confidently up to the woman. “Hi, we’re new here…” Janice spoke softly to the woman. She glanced up at the couple. 

“Oh, you must be Janice Redwood and Jeremy Blaze!” The secretary chirped. Janice mentally sighed at Jeremy’s immature choice of Blaze as an alias.

“That’s us!” Jeremy chirped back.

“Here are your schedules, just as you requested, you have all the same core classes.” The secretary explained. This was new to Janice. When had they asked for all the same core classes? “Since you two are on time, homeroom should be starting soon! Here is a map of the school and your homeroom is down the hall, second to the last door on your left. Got it?” She asked as she handed them their paper work. 

“Got it!” They said together. “Thank you!” Jeremy waved and they strode out of the office. Looking down at their schedules they found their lockers.

“Homeroom 102

Biology 203

Reg. English 400

PE 500

Lunch Cafeteria

Algebra 2 108

Photography 406

Free

and History 304“ Jeremy read off his paper.

“I have Shakespeare and Poetry instead of regular English and Dramatic Arts instead of Photography.” Janice said after scanning down her schedule.

“Carrie really pegged me for a regular quiet guy hasn’t she?” Jeremy laughed.

“She guessed I was the artsy type of person…”

 “But aren’t you?” Jeremy asked in confusion as they walked down a slightly crowded hallway. Student watched their every move, giggling and whispering to their peers.

“Well, I really like poetry and things. So I guess you could say that.” Janice thought. It was easy ignoring the staring teenagers as they walked to homeroom. Janice, as well as Jeremy, have been through high school multiple times. So the fact that these teenagers were looking at them strangely did nothing to faze them.