Chapter 19: Last Three Lines

Chapter 19

            Janice set her plan and she was going to pull through it. Alone. It was currently two weeks after the social, give or take a few days. Within the two weeks Janice had did nothing but get ignored by Jeremy and Jay. She didn’t expect anything of them because she was basically doing the same to them. Car rides were awfully awkward and at work you could feel the tension in the air. Janice felt like she hadn’t spoken to anyone in months when it had only been a few days. 

Janice finally understood what loneliness felt like. She suddenly missed home in Heaven and wanted to go back. She wanted to cry to Isabelle and never go back to Earth. She just wanted to talk, to have a conversation with someone. Anyone. Talking to Penny or Sarah didn’t satisfy her enough.

Janice had been trying to concentrate on her mission as well. She made no progress with Jay. There was also the fact that Jeremy had baggage of his own and she is a beautiful, tall red head who is also her teacher. Janice could only hope and pray that Jessica wouldn’t remember her from the diner. Janice just felt so stressed.

She sat in the same diner with her too prolonged cup of hot chocolate with her notepad and pencil. Janice scribbled down notes that she had collected from the beginning. 

Jay Trainer

Drama

SE

Sidney (Grandmother)

Dad gone?

Siblings?

Mother?

Notebook

1st and 3rd Sat of month

silky black hair

pretty eyes

nice body…

            Woah, there! Getting a little off track! Janice shook her head and erased the last three lines. Her list was now down to eight items and she was blank. This was harder than every other mission and she could only think of a couple reasons. It had to do with the last three lines. 

            Jay was nice, really, nice. But somehow he had something holding him down in hatred. It was the only reason why Janice was here and she was so confused. Did it have anything to do with the missing Saturdays of the month? What could he have been doing to keep him away for so long? Janice was going to find out.

            She had a plan. A super, secret angel plan. It was Friday after school and Sidney let her have the day off for what ever reason. The plan consisted of Janice driving down to wherever Jay lived and staking out there. If he left the house, she would follow him. If he took a walk, she would be close behind. If he was washing his car in the driveway of his house, she would watch and watch and watch. She mused at herself and took a long sip of her hot chocolate. She welcomed the hot liquid that slide down her throat.

“Hey, bud.” Janice ripped the cup away from her mouth and slammed it on top of her notes. She choked on her drink as she looked at Jay. “Man, I didn’t mean to scare you!” He said worriedly and patted her on the back. 

“Well, you did.” She rasped out. Jay was looking good today. When was there a day that Jay didn’t look good? He wore an open parka over a green sweater and black jeans. “Is it hot in here?” Janice coughed out.

“You sound horrible. Dang, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Jay pleaded. Janice waved him off and put her hand to her heart, Jay sat on the stool next to her. He placed his hand against the side of her neck and felt around. Janice felt a blush rush up to her cheeks and her heart leaped. “Your heart is still beating really fast. At least you’re alive, right?” Jay said, oblivious that the reason her heart raced was because he was touching her. Janice could only bring herself to nod.