Chapter 39

~Lisa~

We were waiting in the emergency room while they ran tests on Ti. Everything was good until the last song, we noticed that she wasn't singing how she normally does. We finished the song, said good night and as soon as we got back stage she passed out. We were trying to get to come to but she didn't until the medical team came over and revived her. After that they immediately took her to the hospital. With her medical condition there was no room for arguments or anything we just knew that she had to go.

How much longer are they gonna leave us out here with no answers? I don't know I said standing when I saw Justice come into the emergency room in this nice ass dress. Where the hell was, she coming from looking like that. Where is she, she said coming up to me? They are running tests they won't give us any information. I'll get it she said going to the nurse's station.

"Excuse me I need information on a patient? And who would that be? Tionne Watkins! Are you family? Yes, I am. And you would be? Her power of attorney she said pulling out some paperwork. I'll get the doctor" the nurse said leaving the front counter.

What the hell happened Li she said looking at me? She was good before the show and during but at the last song we noticed that she wasn't so good and literally when we walked off, she passed out. Where is that nigga at, he's supposed to be here with her? I haven't seen him since before the show. Ma'am! Yes, she said turning around to face the doctor. You're her power of attorney. Yes, I am she said handing him the document. He looked over it before giving her a small smile. Can we talk privately? This is her group mate; she can hear what you have to say she said looking at me.

Well Ms. Watkins is suffering from dehydration. How all she drinks is water and...And there's more he said. Is she taking any medication right now? Li is she? No not that I know of, I mean nothing out of her normal vitamins and herbal supplements. We ran tests and they came back positive for a drug called Mephobarbital or Mebaral. What the hell is that? It's a sedative most commonly given to epileptics to stop seizures. Doctor she has sickle cell not epilepsy! We are aware of that now. I am guessing from her blood work that she wasn't taking this medication for long, but it did cause a minor flare up in her. Is she going to be okay? Yeah, she is we're just waiting on her liver enzymes test before we move her to a room for further evaluation. She has to stay overnight; we have another show we have to be at tomorrow Chill said. Ma'am she's lucky to be alive that medication could have stopped her heart.

Do what you have to doctor, if she needs to stay in the hospital that's fine do it Justice said not even batting an eyelash to what Chill had just said. Okay he nodded handing her the paperwork back. Can I see her? Yeah, she's in room 8A. Thanks she said looking back at me and Chill, tell Tommy she's done with tour for right now till she's out the hospital and can get some rest. How can you say that you don't make decisions for...She's done Chilli, I will not let her continue with this tour while she's sick! And who are you to make that decision for her? I am her girlfriend, and I am not letting her do it, sorry if you lose money but I'd rather have her here than dead Justice said walking away from us.

Girlfriend! She's...Chill! No, she's with JP and before him she was with Dalvin. Chill this ain't the time to worry about that right now. You knew, didn't you? I looked away. Lisa did you know or not? I did and have known for years. Years! Chill please tell me you aren't that oblivious to the fact that the two of them were together? I thought they were just friends. They aren't so lets just see if she's okay.

~Tionne~

Mm...I woke up in a hospital bed. What the hell happened to me? I remember performing and being fine, I mean it was hot, but it's always hot on stage. It wasn't till the last song that I started feeling dizzy like real dizzy. I went to move my hand and noticed that something was on it. I looked over and it was Justice. What is she doing here, she wasn't at the show. I moved my hand again and that alerted her and she popped up looking at me. Are you okay? Why am I in the hospital? Baby what do you remember? I remember performing and being on stage. We ended the show and when I walked off, I got lightheaded. What time is it, I gotta get on the bus and go to Sacramento. No baby you don't. Yeah, I do it's the last show. Baby you missed the show. What I said looking at her? Tionne she said rubbing my hands its 2 days later, you've been here for 2 days. I don't...how...have you been here for two days? Yeah, I have she said nodding to me. I haven't left, I had Andrew bring me some clothes. Lisa and Chill? Lisa's still here, Chilli, went back to Atlanta since the last show got cancelled, she said rolling her eyes at the mention of Chill. How did I end up the damn hospital?