Chapter 15

-Tionne-

I woke up to knocking on Justice's door. Mm I looked at the clock and realized it was 9:30 in the morning. Shit I said jumping a little. I was supposed to be home to help mama with the food for Christmas dinner. Babe I said shaking her a little. Huh she said in the cutest little whimper. Merry Christmas baby! Merry Christmas she said smiling at me. I gotta go. No baby don't leave. I gotta go I am supposed to help mama with Christmas lunch. What time is it? 9:30! Oh, shit she said jumping up out the bed. Wait baby what's the matter? Christmas breakfast with my mom and aunts. I am supposed to be up making it she said running to the bathroom to get ready. I looked over at my pager and noticed it was off. I turned it back on to see 30 missed pages from Dalvin. Damn I said under my breath. I reached for her phone but then thought what the hell am I doing. No way in hell am I gonna call him from her phone. I sit the pager down and went to her bathroom to see her brushing her teeth and trying to start the shower at the same time. Why don't you let me do that, so you don't break your neck? Thanks babe, quick shower she said to me. Yeah, I said taking off the shirt to get in.

30 minutes later we were both showered and dressed. I'll see you for dinner right! Yes baby 5 sharp, right? Yup don't be late, or you'll miss the prayer and you'll have to hear about it. I won't I'll be there. Love you! Love you more she said pecking my lips. Mhm enough of that she already late Cierra said interrupting us. I'll see you later baby she said shaking her head. I made my way down the street to my house. I tried to quietly sneak in, but as soon as the door creaked I could hear mama's voice. Bring ya ass in here, you were supposed to be back last night. I know mama, we got back late and rather than try to sneak in, I just stayed with Justice. Mhm start peeling them potatoes they been waiting on you she pointed to the pile of unpeeled sweet potatoes.

After hours of cooking I was finally able to take a break and call Dalvin back. Yeah! Hey you paged me last night. Over 30 times, who were you with last night that kept yo ass from paging me back? Excuse you! You supposed to call me right back when I page you. Nigga do I look like a groupie? No. I don't. I was busy with my family last night, sorry I couldn't respond but you will not come at me like that. Man whatever! How about I talk to you when you don't have that funky ass attitude. The feelings mutual he said before hanging up on me. This nigga got life all the way messed up if he thinks I am going to be one of them little hoes that he use to being with. For one I ain't a groupie and two I have a girlfriend I really don't need his ass in the first place. I shook it off and got ready for the dinner cause Justice will be here any minute.

I just put the finishing touches on my outfit when I heard my door open. Hey beautiful I said to Juju as she walked in. Hey baby! Kayo let you in? Naw some lady let me in, I think she said she was your aunt. Oh Okay. Babe last night someone was blowing up your pager was it him? Juju don't it's Christmas. Just tell me was it him. I swallowed the lump in my throat before answering, yeah it was but I ignored it. Mhmp she said nodding. Justice please don't let this ruin Christmas for us. It won't she said kissing my cheek before leaving the room. Please help me god I said following her out the room.

~Justice~

I was so full from all the food at Christmas dinner I couldn't even think straight. When I say Ti's mama can burn in that kitchen, lord have mercy I think I gained 10 pounds just from dinner alone. Her family is so nice though, they didn't ask or insinuate anything from me being there. They accept me as one of the family, they accepted me so much, so I got a tasked with doing the dishes after dinner, it was okay though cause Ti helped me with it.

Babe! Yeah, I said drying the last dish. What are you doing for New Year's Eve? Umm nothing I guess, we aren't gonna be together for the holiday? Well there's a New Year's Eve party but the venue is 21 and up. Oh, I said drying my hands on the towel. I won't go if you don't want me to, but the girls wanted to do something for New Year's Eve. It's okay baby, um we can just spend the day together and then you can go to the party or I could see you the next day. I promise you we'll spend next day and the whole weekend together. It's cool I'll probably just spend the time with my mom, I haven't gotten this chance in a long time. I am sorry baby she said hugging me. It's okay Titi I should probably get going. It's still early, you don't wanna stay and talk with the family? I think should, I haven't spent much time with my family. Ok well let me walk you home. Alright I said putting the towel back on where it was.