Chapter 13-Don't forget

Start from the beginning

"She left a journal in my car yesterday. I know I shouldn't have read it but I did. I know everything. I even told Aydyn off. Becca won't have to worry about her ever again. I-I just feel so terrible. I am so sorry Dallas. The last thing that I want is Becca to think I don't care. I love her so much and I wish I could jut have a re-do with her. How am I going to make it up to her? Dallas what am I going to do?" 

"Well for starters you better be here to see her sing. She thinks and I quote "She doesn't even care about me. Why would she bother showing up?"  You better prove her wrong."

"Okay, I'll be there. I promise." 

"Oh and Demi?"

"Ya..?"

"Try and make yourself not seen. Please don't take away from her special night. If that makes sense."

"Ya it does. Thanks Dall." With that she hung up. 

I walked over to the three amigos and whispered into Becca's ear. 

"Everything is going to be okay kiddo. Trust me. You're life is only going to get better. I love you." She smiled up at me and nodded, mouthing back I love you too. 

**Becca's POV**

        It was almost time. Once the current performance is over, it would be my turn. There were butterflies exploding in my stomach. I was so nervous. What If I screwed up? What if I started to cry?  What if I forget the words? That would be immorally embarassing considering it's my own sisters song. Speaking of which, what if she doesn't show up. She's already broken my heart. Now it would be like she ripped it out of my body and stepped on it. My heart ached just thinking about it. 

"What a great performance. Alright. Next we have Becca Lovato singing Don't Forget By Demi Lovato." 

It was time. I took the stage looking out into the audience, trying to find my family. As I heard the music start to play I made eye contact with Maddie, who was standing with my parents, Dallas and my friends. Where was Demi? I knew she wouldn't come. Who was I kidding? Shaking away the thoughts, I started to sing. 

Did you forget
That I was even alive?
Did you forget
Everything we ever had?
Did you forget?
Did you forget
About me?

Did you regret (did you regret)
Ever standing by my side
Did you forget (did you forget)
What we were feeling inside?
Now I'm left to forget
About us

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it

I looked out among the crowd. Seeing a few familiar faces, but most were strangers. Until I caught the eyes of a very familiar face. It was a girl. She was crying. Why I'm not sure. It broke my heart to see her like that. I wanted to run off the stage and hug the girl. I wasn't going to though. Only it wasn't just a girl. It was my big sister.

So now I guess

This is where we have to stand

Did you regret
Ever holding my hand?
Never again
Please don't forget
Don't forget

We had it all
We were just about to fall
Even more in love
Than we were before
I won't forget
I won't forget
About us

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it

Somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it
At all

And at last
All the pictures have been burned
And all the past
Is just a lesson that we've learned
I won't forget
Please don't forget us

Somewhere we went wrong
Our love is like a song
But you won't sing along
You've forgotten
About
us
(Don't
 Forget)

We had kept eye contact the rest of the song and I was holding back tears.

**Demi's POV**

I made it into the gym just on time. There was an anouncer guy on stage. 

"What a great performance. Alright. Next we have Becca Lovato singing Don't Forget By Demi Lovato." 

My heart broke right then and there. I have been so unforgivably mean to her yet she still chose to sing one of my songs. 

As she started to sing I started to silently cry, trying not to draw attention to myself. About half way through the song we made eye contact. I could see the hurt in her eyes. I wanted nothing more than to run up on stage and embrace her in a hug. I wouldn't do that though. I don't want to take any attention away from her big night. 

**Becca's POV**

The song ended and everybody was clapping. I felt satisfied. I knew I did my best and I only hope I did the song justice and made Demi proud. Maybe it would do enough to make her love me again? I walked off the stage with a bright smile on my face. Tonight was good. No matter how much hurt I have been dealt recently, singing that song just now made me forget all about it. No pun intended. 

As soon as the rest of the show was over I ran into the audience looking for my family. I caught sight of Dallas and ran into her arms, giving her the biggest hug ever.

"I'm so proud of you baby" She said.

I gave each of my family members and Spencer a hug. I then turned around to see Luke, jumping into his embrace as he kissed me. 

"Congrats Becca. I knew you could do it. I love you." He whispered. I blushed. He hadn't said that to me before. 

"I love you too." I whispered back as he put me down. I turned to talk to my friends and family just as I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Demi. Her makeup was running and her eyes were very red. 

"Good Job kiddo. You did the song justice." She was shaky. She almost seemed nervous.

"Umm Thanks." I replied. 

"I-I'm umm sorry." She croaked. She was about to open her mouth but before she did I grabbed hold of her body in a hug. She seemed surprised at first but then she returned it. 

"We need to talk." I whispered, holding onto her even tighter. Man did I ever miss her hugs. Maybe she didn't forget about us afterall. 

A/N: Ahhhh It's up. This is my favourite chapter so far!! I hope you guys enjoyed it. I almost started to cry while writing it. 

Fun Fact: I was listening to Don't Forget practically the whole time I was writing this. Also I wish I was Demi's sister. She seems like she would be a really good older sister. 

Anyway.. haha!! 

This chapter is going to be dedicated to @DemetriaDevonnexo ! Thankyou for reading! I thinks it's so cool that you love this story! You rock! Keep it up!

I am going to be starting a new thing where every once in a while I will pick a 'special' word. If you guys read and enjoy this story you can comment that word so that I know who reads it and more importantly who enjoys it. Todays special word is... Demi !!! 

Thankyou guys for reading this! You guys rock!!

Happy Reading, Stay Strong and God Bless!!

-Riss