(Chapter 21) A Melody

Start from the beginning

He doesn't reply to that one, because it would just be needy.

He waits.

Then he sends her a picture of her food when it arrives.

This is just waiting for you.

He doesn't even eat first, which says a lot, according to Jimin smirking as Jungkook takes a photo of the food and resumes texting.

Oh my gosh that looks so good. I'm starving.

On my way!

And Jungkook decides not to eat at all, but to wait for her, so they can eat together.

And he gets to see Jhope twitch in surprise as he gathers two of the boxes and stacks them to the side.

"Jungkook, you're not eating?" Jhope's head is tilted so far he looks comical.

"He's waiting for her," Yoongi responds, not even looking at either of them.

Jungkook blushes, wondering if he really was that transparent.

--

And even eating is different too, when she's there.

They healed while they ate.

And getting pleasure from both healing and food at once was almost too much.

Jungkook keeps having to close his eyes so that he's not overwhelmed by his senses.

He didn't think there was a better feeling on earth.

Unless...

No.

Do not go there, Jeon Jungkook.

He blushes again.

"What are you thinking about, Jungkookie?" Taehyung drops down beside them, patting Soulmate's head and Jungkook's head simultaneously.

"Nuh-Nothing."

Jungkook lowers his head, buries his face into his food.

His knee, which is touching Soulmate's knee, is briefly pulled away as Taehyung leans down into Jungkook's space and peers at him.

Jungkook growls.

"Taehyung-ah," RM calls from across the room.

"Just like how you shouldn't bother a dog while he is eating, you shouldn't bother Jungkook while he's healing."

Yoongi sniggers.

RM sniggers back.

"But it's Jungkook..." Taehyung says.

"Aish, do you not remember your lesson from last week? Jungkook will beat you up again. Leave him alone," Yoongi frowns.

Taehyung pouts and leaves the two soulmates with a "Fine, maybe Jiminie will want to hang out," as he sulks toward the door.

Jungkook immediately drops his defensive demeanour and casually leans his leg back against Soulmate's.

Both of them smile as the Healing starts again.

Two women walk in from the adjoining hallway, smiling and nodding as the BTS guys immediately all echo "Noona!", "Annyeong noona!", "Noona."

They are carrying large hard cases which they set down on tables near the boys.