◈ Chapter 46: Festival of Spring◈

Spring was such a lovely time of the year, symbolizing rebirth and renewal, and brought hope, youth and growth. There was also a popular and ancient festival who originated from the subcontinents of the Human World. It was known as Holi, the festival of spring. This celebration signifies the arrival of spring, the end of winter, the blossoming of love, and for many a day to meet with others, play and laugh, forget and forgive, and repair broken relationships.

And today, you were going to assist this festival for the first time with someone you love and with your friends.

"Toriko-san! Those things aren't edible!" panicked Komatsu when his partner tried to eat the Colours Fruits.

"Huh? They are not?"

"You're supposed to throw it on people"

Colours Fruits resembled small pear-shaped fruits that grew from natural plants, containing heavy liquids you could find from turmerics and neems as examples. Around a certain time in the afternoon, you can throw those fruits at other people to splash them in different and vibrant colors. It was also very washable so you didn't have to worry about your clothes or skin. There was lots of festivities to attend, too, with the Love-Love trees that you can pick up sweet fruits from there, or special events where you could buy items and food that only comes around that time of the year.

"Toriko! Look at what I found!" Rin came back running toward your group at the gates of the park where you were waiting for everyone. "Liquorove!"

The young woman showed to the blue haired man a fuchsia colored liquorice that tasted like cherries and honey. Usually, their flavors improved when shared between couples, and some teens use them as an alternative to Pocky sticks. Rin was currently trying to prod her crush to eat it with her, while the others watched in exasperation.

"Rin, I thought you wanted to get rid of those thunder thighs" Sunny frowned at her sister, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"I do not have thunder thighs!" shrieked Rin, whipping her head to stare angrily at her brother. "You're the one who can't take my curves, princely girly man!"

"Who're you callin' that?!" he spat back.

The siblings soon headbutted each other as they began to bicker among themselves, while Toriko ate his part of Liquorove unknown to Rin. When she realized it, she started to wail and whimper about how she missed another chance to kiss 'her' Toriko. You watched the scene unfold with a nervous smile, sweatdropping as the woman threw herself on her knees, cursing at the sky. You blinked when a stick of liquorice was brought in front of your face, seeing the smiling face of Coco.