◈ Chapter 21: Mellow Cola ◈

Something was tickling your nose, and then it dropped all over your face. You let out a cough, sitting up abruptly as you spat the red sand out of your lungs. You blinked a few times, taking in your new surroundings. A room filled with pillars and stones, the look reminding you of an ancient civilization. You weren't in the Desert Labyrinth anymore, and that's made you wonder where you exactly landed after falling into the quicksand. All alone, with no sign of Komatsu or the others. You released a trembling breath, lifting yourself up slowly.

"Come on, (y/n)...You can do it. You just have to find the others-..." you trailed, and flinched when you heard a loud noise.

Something shifted above you, red sand dripping from cracks in the ceiling. The smell of water filled your nose, and also an acidic scent.

"Where am I?..."

"Little rabbit" the voice of Zebra suddenly filled the room, making you leap in surprise. "You listenin'? Cause I'm gonna say this once, so you'd better listen good"

"Zebra-san...?" you called, trying to find where his voice came from.

"The place you're in right now is a tower of Gourmet Pyramid, while the kid is in the basement. Toriko and I just got to the pyramid, too"

"The inside of Gourmet Pyramid?!"

"It's actually a kind of castle-like structure" Zebra continued. "But it's a pretty weird place. You've got two things ya should be doin' now. The first one is to give it yer all not to die. And the second is that you have to think of what food to prepare for the party after this trip is over"

"U-Uh, aye! Got it!" you nodded with a nervous grin. "Thank you, Zebra-san!"

With a newfound vigor, you started to wander around the place in search of some kind of hallway to proceed further in the pyramid. You eventually found a passage that led somewhere darker, and you were hesitating in taking this path. Seeing that you had no choice, you followed through.

You arrived in a larger area filled with staircases and bridges that led to deeper levels of the Gourmet Pyramid. You encountered no wild beasts so far, and you hoped that it would stay that way. There's was no way for you to defend yourself properly even if you had your hammer with you. You knew you would just freeze on the spot while you allowed the monster to feed upon your body.