◈ Prologue: Gourmet Hunter ◈

You huffed as you bent down to grab a box filled with carrot sausages; a strange mix between meat and vegetable, and almost a nightmare from both sides. However, the sophisticated taste that came from it could tickle the gums in a satisfying way if accompanied with a Midnight Soup.

Becoming a Sous Chef that worked at Hotel Gourmet, in the restaurant at the very top of the tower, came up as a surprise for everyone in your family. See, you were relatively good with baking desserts and creating cakes that tasted like the heavens themselves. Well, from what you heard of your small group of friends and recurrent costumers at your bakery. You dreamed to create your own list of recipes with special ingredients found around the world. Not only that, but also becoming a recognized and great chef.

If only you were taken seriously. Since a long period of time, people would comment on your weight/(body type). Being it negative (most of the time) or positive, you could care less. Yes, it did hurt, but you were more focused on your job and professionalism. You wanted critics about your work, your recipes...not on how you looked in that white uniform that any chef wore at work or on your gender! It was difficult for the perverts and the a-holes out there to not call you irritable names.

Komatsu, who was at the same time a close friend and your 'boss', is probably the only one who has given you the opportunity to enter this domain. Without him, you guessed you would still be baking small desserts in your factory, almost isolated from the world.

"(y/n)-chan? Do you want some help to lift that?" questioned one of the employees in the kitchen.

He was gazing at you worryingly, seeing that you were trying to lift twice your weight. You shook your head with a smile, cheeks turning a red color by the amount of effort you put in to transport the box.

"I'm going to be fine. Just tell me where to put it"

Your shift was about to end, and Komatsu hasn't returned from his meeting with the bureau chief and manager. The man that you didn't quite like wanted to take a look at the food who will be served for a special occasion; an upcoming Gourmet Function. Leaders from nations all around the world will gather there, and the chief wants the best recipes on the display.

But knowing how Uumen Umeda was, he probably wanted something with...more impact. And that's what you guessed from the look on Komatsu's face that you noted right away when he entered the kitchen. However, the young man seemed giddy too, for an unknown reason.

"So? What did he say?" you asked, taking the dirty dishes.

"He wants us to serve Galala Gator meat as the main dish..." he replied, and you nearly dropped the plates that you were about to clean.