◈ Chapter 29: Meteor Garlic ◈

A fight erupted in the arena as both the Mafia and the Underground Cooking World battled each other. You and Komatsu quickly exited the area so you wouldn't get caught between them. But when Coco brought down Livebearer on his back, the rest of his men abandoned.

"What the hell? What a creepy room..." Toriko clicked his tongue. "I never would've thought there was a place like this deep under the casino"

After the Gourmet Hunter finished the Poison Potato cooked by Komatsu (who surprisingly worked well with his Gourmet Cells), the defeated boss led your group to a room filled with brains. Livebearer's collection of all the food data he gained was stored there. They were tagged with a silver board that displayed the names, along with major ingredients. Also, you could find full courses of famous gourmets written here.

"So...Is this where the Meteor Garlic is?" asked Toriko to the red chef who was tied down by a barrier of poison from Coco. "Or information that's supposed to be a hint?"

"Do you really not want the memories in my head?" inquired Livebearer. "You can enjoy the taste of the Meteor Garlic from that data"

"Oi, don't lump me in with you. I ain't interested in coveting memories. Food isn't something in the mind, it's something that goes into the mouth"

"B-But...I'm a little interested in your memories, Livebearer-san" Komatsu smiled nervously.

"If it weren't for Heavenly King Coco's poison knocking, I would still be trying to take your memories" spat Livebearer, drooling a bit.

"C-Creepy..." shuddered your friend.

"Toriko!" yelled Match as he ran up to the man. "We found the ingredient you guys are after! The actual Meteor Garlic!"

"Eh?! The real deal?!"

At the far back of the hallways filled with columns of brains, there was a huge purple tank filled with an ingredient. The Meteor Garlic's bulb was enormous, layers red in color. You slowly walked to it, gazing at the ingredient in awe. Your headaches were long gone, and now you could think more clearly. Strangely, you felt it calling out to you.

"So even Livebearer-san has an affection for real ingredients" you mused.

"Not particularly. Let me say this though, the Meteor Garlic is also a special preparation ingredient. I wonder, can you cook it?" asked Livebearer.