◈ Chapter 2: Colors of the Rainbow ◈

The Gourmet Central Wholesale Market was lively as ever, with a total area of 3000 hectares (around 640 times the size of a baseball stadium, like Gourmet Dome. This huge marketplace has on average 900 000 tons of food bought and sold per day, which is the equivalent of 1 trillion yen's worth of ingredients.

"(y/n)-chan! Look, it's a Tsuchinoko Turtle!" Komatsu waved at you to get your attention.

"Amazing!" you cooed, leaning over the table to take a good look at the ingredient.

"Komatsu-kun, (y/n)-chan, we have to hurry or our target will have been sold" sighed a man behind you, wearing a dark suit and looking professional.

"Not our fault if we get distracted by so many ingredients. The market is literally a dream that comes true for chefs" you smiled.

"That's what we should expect from the Gourmet Central Wholesale Market" added Komatsu.

"What the hell?! Say that one more time!"

Both you and your friend blinked once, and then turned to face the direction where the yell came from. There you saw a vendor and a pretty woman wearing a pink suit and pencil skirt making a lot of commotion about the food he was serving.

It was Tina, a television reporter and the host of Gourmet News. It wasn't really a surprise to find her around this area, since it was such a popular event to attend to. You decided to approach the scene with Komatsu, carefully keeping your distance in case it heathen up.

"Fine! I will say it one more time!" huffed Tina. "This Pistachiuo's mouth is open! That's proof that the fish isn't fresh! If I broadcast this ingredient, the viewers won't be impressed one bit!"

"T-Tina!...We're still on the air" whispered the cameraman urgently, and the woman's lips pulled into a thin line.

She cleared her throat and advanced toward the camera, pulling up her mic and dusting her skirt. Tina returned to her charismatic persona for the viewers, gesturing behind her as she said:

"Reporting from the lively marketplace, offering you a large serving of news. This is Tina signing off!" she beamed. Though, the minute the transmission ended, she huffed with a hand on her hip. "Now then, where were we?"

"H-Her character suddenly did a 180" sweated Komatsu, and you hummed in agreement.

"The news is all about the density of information. Its weight is its lifeblood!" continued Tina angrily, the vendor sweatdropping. "The news of a Pistachiuo that lost its freshness doesn't carry any weight! There isn't a single viewer that would be satisfied with that! As a Gourmet Newscaster for 'Gourmet TV', this is below my standards of broadcast!"