◈ Chapter 26: Jidar Kingdom ◈

This was no place for a young woman like you to end up alone in this train, filled with shady people. Now you understood why Coco didn't even recommend you to wait on your own at the station for the Underground Train. Most of the passengers didn't inspire confidence or trust, and few of them had their gazes lingering a bit too long on you. As if they didn't see a woman in years.

The interior of the black steam locomotive wasn't better, covered in blade cuts, bullet holes and is worn and torn in several parts. Likely due to making regular trips to a crime infested kingdom and carrying dangerous fugitives. You were sitting next to the window with Coco at your side, while Toriko and Komatsu took the seat across of you.

"Even though it's a long subway ride, when I think about how we're getting close to that big entertainment spot, I get so lighthearted!" the Gourmet Hunter grinned after he finished another bottle of rich alcohol.

"Entertainment spot, Toriko-san?" Komatsu repeated skeptically, arching one brow. "This train certainly doesn't look like it's headed to a fun place like that"

"This is a train that runs 500 meters below the surface, Underground Train. It's the one line that goes to central Jidar Kingdom" explained your partner.

"Jidar Kingdom?"

"Coco went there before us to train, you see" said Toriko.

"Jidar is a country that's under international surveillance. It's a region where Gourmet Crime runs rampant. Even on this train, there are a lot of dishonest riders that would frighten you"

"Still...Why is the world's biggest gambling den in a country like that?" you inquired, kneeling on the seat to take a look around you.

"Because it's not affiliated with the IGO. The most valuable things in the Gourmet Age are not money or jewels" answered Coco.

"They're ingredients, right?"

"Yes, and there are many unobtainable illegal ingredients that circulate in the Jidar Kingdom through black market channels, since it's not bound by the laws established by the IGO, the Eight Gourmet Laws"

"Awesome...A lawless zone..." you sighed sadly while Coco simply smiled at you.

"Generally, they're all things like poison ingredients and narcotic ingredients, things that would be treated as illegal"

"I'm pretty sure I heard that they even have toxic Puffer Whales selling there normally, right?" asked Toriko.

"But among them, there are high-class ingredients that are difficult to obtain via legal routes that frequently circulate through illegal channels"

"And one of those is our target for this trip, the Meteor Garlic" stated the blue haired male.