◈ Chapter 4: Cave of Beasts ◈

The small trip to the entrance that led to the Cavern Lagoon went smoothly. Both you and Komatsu removed your casual attires to change into something more proper in exploring the tunnels of the vast labyrinth. You brought your tools from the kitchen along, thinking it would be a good opportunity to remove the poisonous part of the Puffer Whale right after catching them.

Coco had with him a few ropes for the descent, and Komatsu was holding a backpack with everything he needed inside. Only Toriko didn't seem to need anything in particular for the journey. As you approached the cave on the rocky path that led there, you saw a familiar figure ran up to the four of you:

"Toriko!" waved Tina, her pet flying right beside her. "I knew you'd be coming"

She stopped momentarily when she caught sight of Coco, gasping silently in amazement. The reporter clutched her personal camera close to her chest, beaming at the Gentleman brightly:

"The Heavenly King Coco! A double dip effort by Toriko and Coco? This is one delicious scoop!" she cheered to herself, pointing at the camera at the Gentleman who frowned.

"Will you stop, please?" he quickly demanded, and Tina blinked in confusion. She did as told, though. Turning off her camera. "I'm sorry. I don't like being filmed"

It became a little bit awkward, and Komatsu thought it would be best to break it as soon as possible, turning to Tina:

"Tina-san, are you filming all by yourself again?" he asked.

"Well, yeah. Even though this is an amazing chance to see something that happens only once in 10 years, the rest of the staff were too afraid to come" she huffed with a sigh, gazing at the entrance of the cave that gave off a creepy aura.

"Well, there sure is an uneasiness in the air..." you mused with a sweatdrop, watching the Gourmet Hunters who haven't entered yet. "Why aren't they going in, though?"

"They will all try to capture the Puffer Whale. But getting out of the cave after it the hard part" said Toriko, and you gulped.

"Is it now?..."

"I can see all of their imminent deaths" told Coco, not reassuring you and Komastu one bit.

"I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO BE SCARY!" shouted your friend in panic.