◈ Chapter 8: Heavenly King, Sunny ◈

You were all waiting outside in the garden of the Biotope to meet another of the famous Heavenly Kings, Sunny. Toriko was sitting down casually while munching happily on a piece of Drunken Cattle. With Mansam sometimes stealing a bite to his irritation.

You haven't eaten pass the quarter of what was offered in the feast of the Chief's Full Course Menu. There was just too much alcohol in the ingredients, and it would make you end up drunk in a matter of bites. Tina was busy filming Toriko, not noticing the look Rin was giving her.

With just one meeting, you already guessed that she had a thing for the Gourmet Hunter. At first, she was a little cold toward you, until you explained to the beast trainer that you had no interest in Toriko-san. It was only admiration and respect, to be honest.

Knowing that you were no 'threat' between her and Toriko, she adopted a friendly persona around you. But the same couldn't be said for the reporter's case in the moment.

"Toriko-san, how does your third helping of Drunken Cattle taste?" she questioned, bringing forward her mic.

"I'd prefer it if you didn't speak to Toriko as if you guys are on friendly terms or something!" Rin elbowed Tina's side, who flinched at the sudden hit. "And why're you here anyway!?"

"Chief Mansam gave me permission to get coverage of this. I'm getting video of Toriko, rare ingredients, and the Regal Mammoth!" Tina retorted with a snap.

"What's with these people?" sweatdropped Komatsu.

"Say that Sunny bastard sure is late. Does he really have the Mammoth?" muttered Toriko, and his expression turned pissed when Mansam dug his teeth into the meat.

"He's here!" told Rin as she looked through binoculars.

In the distance, you saw two figures advancing in your direction. One large and the other smaller. Your eyes bulged out of their sockets at the size of the Regal Mammoth, but even more at the man who was simply transporting it with one bare hand above his colored head of blue, pink, white and green.

"It's huge!" cried out your friend. "That's a Regal Mammoth?!"

"It's an ingredient that's been prized since ancient times, often called a 'treasure food'. It's size is overwhelming" stated Toriko.

"The Regal Mammoth is beyond amazing" breathed Tina. "This is a sky-high scoop!"

"More importantly, how can he carry that ginormous creature with one hand?..." you sweated.

"It's not just one hand" said Mansam, earning a look from the others. "But anyhow, that size..."