◈ Chapter 45: Taking Another Step ◈

A/N: This chapter features explicit content (Lemon, NSFW, 18+). If you're not comfortable with this, skip this chapter

It was the first time you ever entered Coco's bedroom. Normally you would sleep on the couch, even though the fortune teller thought it was a bad for your back. The room was grey in colors, and quite small with little furniture: a single nightstand with a lamp on it, a cupboard and a desk containing books. The bed was leaning against a wall, next to the only window in the room. While it would look empty for others, you found this place peaceful and not too extravagant.

"You don't have to do this, you know? I feel perfectly in shape" Coco tried to assure you with a smile, sweatdropping as you arrived with tons and tons of bandages.

"Are you kidding?!" you huffed with your hands on your hips after you put down the medical kit on the bed. "Just because you ate some of the Four Beast's meat doesn't necessarily mean you're all healed!"

"I don't see any wound, though..."

"....Urg, you're right. But, you still need to rest!"

The fortune teller shook his head with a small smile on his face as you returned to the cabinet with the supplies, before you returned inside his bedroom, kneeling close by his side. The man didn't mind the attention he was receiving from your part. Even if he was fine, that didn't stop you from examining his limbs or face with a concentrated look, something that he found beyond adorable. After the fight against the Four Beast and taking a nice meal that filled deliciously your stomachs, you were back home for some time alone.

Adorning your favorite apron, you were currently preparing a snack for the Heavenly King before you headed to bed. You felt like he needed to eat more at the end of such an intense fight. So here you were, practically babying this grown man that followed your demands in fear of triggering you through your threats of pulling his ear.

"You're sure you're not hurt anywhere?" you demanded again.

"No, ma'am" he replied the same answer for over a thousand times, winking at the pout that made its way to your lips. "If I ever feel bad, I will not hesitate to tell you, so don't worry"

"...You were really in bad shape when I watched you fight the Four Beast. I was so worried" you sighed, closing your eyes. "And when it fought Kiss and the others...It was horrible!"

Coco extended a hand to your cheek, cradling it as you griped his hand and closed your eyes. He moved his legs and body on the bed to sit in front of you, grabbing your waist to pull you closer. The man's lips trailed over your neck, before stopping to kiss your own. No words were exchanged as the two of you pressed your foreheads together, eyes gazing deeply in each other amorously. You were unfortunately pulled out of your reverie when you heard the beeping sound of the oven.