◈ Chapter 3: Gentleman of the Four Heavenly Kings ◈

You were beyond excited. You learned a while ago that Puffer Whales had returned to the shore of the Cavern Lagoon. They appeared there to mate every 10 years, and you desperately wanted to accompany Komatsu and Toriko in their travel. Confident that you could handle this ingredient easily, and knowing your delicate way of taking care of aliments, your friend accepted. Toriko never minded, as long as you were aware of the possible danger that could happen by coming with him.

Your group was now taking a train to a small town near the coast of the continent named Gourmet Fortune. There was someone there that could make the task easier in capturing and preparing correctly the Puffer Whale. Toriko didn't mention anything more about this person, strangely.

You finished the final touch to your blueberry cake accompanied by a strawberry salad with pieces of cheese that came from a Rodent Cow. It was actually a mix between a mouse and a cattle, and when milking from the animal, it created a creamy white cheese that melted in the mouth upon contact. You could also solidify it to make almost anything else, but it was better in its natural state.

"Here you go, Toriko-san!" you smiled, pushing the tray to the other side of the table.

"Look yummy! Itadakimasu!" the Gourmet Hunter smiled, already digging in the cake.

"You make the best strawberry salad!" said Komatsu, his cheeks puffed as he ate down the cheese. "The flavors even mix well together between sweet, spicy, and sour"

"It was a special recipe of my grandmother. She's the first one to discover about the uses of the Rodent Cow...Though, people found her weird and were considerably questioning her behavior towards the cattle in the first place..." you sweated at the last part.

"In any case, it makes a good dessert for a long trip like this one!" Toriko enriched.

"ALREADY DONE?!" you shouted in unison with Komatsu.

"Aw, I didn't even have the time to taste the blueberry cake!" whined the latter. "And are you planning on drinking all they've got too?!"

"It's so good, I'm just happy!" laughed heartily the hunter. "I can't stop thinking about how we'll be meeting that legendary fish soon! How about you two?"

"Of course!" nodded with a smile Komatsu. "It's only once every 10 years that the Puffer Whale, the rarest of flavors in the deep seas, shows itself in shallow waters. It happens right around this time of the year. With its extremely delicate body, it has fatty meat similar to that of a large tuna"

"Adding to it an incredible flavor. I just can't wait!" you said.

"But even more so than your desire to eat it, you both are interested in the people that prepare it, right?" asked Toriko.

"Yeah. I want to be able to cook it too by checking out the cooking skills of the people who prepare its meat, since removing the poisonous parts is really difficult"