◈ Chapter 22: Miracle Pearl ◈

You learned many things this last few days, and most of them had surprised you. Like the sudden appearance of Chief Mansam and meeting the Director of the IGO Defense Bureau, Ray, and a member of the 0th Biotope. They were here to investigate the strange creature that attacked you, and revealed that they are called Nitro. Both Komatsu and Toriko had met one in the sky, previous to when they formed a combo.

Nobody knew who they really were, but many fossils resembling them have been discovered in rock layers dating back to hundreds of millions of years. One terrifying qualities of the Nitro were their life force. Even if the environment deteriorate immensely, they can dehydrate their bodies and go to sleep, entering a state called cryptobiosis. They come from their sleep when obtaining water. The Nitro in the Gourmet Pyramid was awoken when Komatsu made the groundwater overflow with his Melk Kitchen Knife. There was also signs that another one left Gourmet Pyramid, and it has yet to be located.

However, their ferocity was what really concerned IGO. Their quality to engage brutally and fiendishly, regardless of whom opposes them. Much like nitro glycerin, which explodes with just a small stimulus. The Bishokukai were also involved, since the Nitro have had instincts for finding delicious ingredients from ancient times. There was the possibility that they could find God, the phantasmal ingredient and Acacia's Main Dish. Their boss basically using those creatures to gather them with special ingredients to eventually find the legendary dish.

But what really surprised you the most in this crazy week, was the sudden appearance of Coco at your doorstep. You concluded that he found out where you live through his fortune telling or by Komatsu. If you knew beforehand of his visit, you would have make an effort to look more presentable. Yet, here you are, opening the door to whoever was on the other side in only pajamas and hair completely disheveled. The scream of surprise you released at the sight of the Heavenly King wasn't graceful either.

"COCO-SAN?!"

"My apologies. I didn't want to disturb you this early in the morning, but I wanted to discuss some matter with you..." the man trailed, ignoring completely how you looked this morning.

"H-Huh...Alright, come in..."

You made a quick dash to your bedroom to change into your regular clothes while Coco made his way to the living room. Dino, who was previously sleeping soundly in a nest of pillows and blankets he made himself, opened a single eye to glare at the man. But, recognizing who he was, the wyvern returned to sleep after releasing a loud yawn.

"Dino has grown since the last time I saw him..." Coco noted when you came back into the room with a tray of tea.

"Yes...He's as big as an adult Great Dane..." you said, taking a seat in the armchair after you put down the tray on the small table. "And he eats with a stomach that could rival Toriko-san's and Zebra-san's together"

"Now that you mention them, they didn't give you too much trouble in your last journey?"