◈ Chapter 14: Century Soup ◈

You tugged on your puffy dress  while you dusted the fabric. You didn't remember the last time you got to wear casual clothes. Since you passed most of your daytime in the kitchens or running after ingredients, what could be considered normal to see you in would be your uniform at your workplace. But today was different. You finally earned yourself a few days off after the Gourmet Summit, and you decided to take them as an opportunity to buy new tools and clothes.

Doing a 360 in front of the mirror, you concluded that you looked good enough to enter the largest city in the Human World: Gourmet Town. There was many points of interest, with Gourmet Town Central Station and Gourmet Towers where most of them earned 10 stars.

"All ready" you smiled at yourself in the reflection.

Leaving your apartment that was situated in an isolated part of a small town northeast to Hotel Gourmet, you made your way to the train station. From there, you would reach Gourmet Town in under half an hour. To your luck, it wasn't too crowded inside so you were able to read in peace. When you reached your destination's station, you were still left in awe at the splendor of this town even though you visited this place a lot of times.

Most of your personal cooking tools came from there, but they all add a cheap price of them so they would break easily. You couldn't afford really the professional ones since the average price was around five million yen. And those were made by industries who only had 3 stars. Even the drinks and the food they served there was hard to afford too.

"Where should I go first?..." you wondered after you paid the fee to enter.

You checked down on your list of things to buy. Most of them you could find at the Gourmet Department Store who was on the other side of the town. As always, the place was crowded with people that came from all around the world. However, you were more than surprised to come across Bishokuyas. There were a lot more of them than usual, and you wondered if there was anything special happening.

Humming sounds left from your lips as you browsed through the shelves, stopping in front of kitchen utensils that took your interest. Your fingers trailed over each of them as you continued to sing under your breath.

"A song that most hummingbirds chirp, isn't that right?"

"Eh?"

You stared to your left, and found an old woman with pink knot-tied hair. She has a small and hunched body, wearing a pink sweater with orange pants. Her wide wrinkled face showed a content smile while she gazed at you with her tiny eyes.