◈ Chapter 24: Death Season Forest ◈

Another long day at work as you finished the preparations for the next morning. Leaving the hotel, an exhausted sigh left your lips while you crossed the street. Now you began to wonder what furniture in your house faced the fate of being a chew toy for Dino once you return home. Your dining table, two chairs, your nightstand...

All must be replaced. This time you used a taxi to get there faster, and when you headed down on the long concrete path, you saw someone standing in front of your door. A woman with long blonde hair that cascaded down her back, a deep frown marking the features of her face behind her sunglasses. Who wore sunglasses at night?

You recognized her as Maryanne Angevin, an employee at Modified Genetic Association, or MGA for short. Immediately you stiffened as you took a defensive stance, not really too fond of this woman. You didn't trust her one bit ever since what happened at Thunder Peak.

"I was waiting for you, Chef (y/n)" she mused, taking off her glasses to expose brilliant green eyes.

"How did you know I live here?" you demanded, narrowing your own (e/c) ones at her.

"I will be honest with you, Chef (y/n)...Your wyvern, or mostly known as LMO-TE-391, is under our radar. More precisely, a small chip was implanted inside its brain to locate our guinea pig at all time"

"W-What?!"

LMO-TE-391, for Living Modified Organism - Thunder Egg, experiment #391. Maryanne didn't hesitate to reveal there has been indeed 390 guinea pigs before Dino, and all were failed experiments. Your Thunderous Wyvern was the only one who had survived the tests he went through as a Thunder Egg.

"We kept an eye on the beast, and left it in your care for the time being. However, we arrived at the stage where things...get complicated" stated the woman.

"Just w-wait a damn minute!" you interrupted her. "A-Are you straight up saying that you spied on us?! And what do you mean 'for the time being'?! Dino isn't yours-"

"It isn't yours either" cut Maryanne with a roll of her eyes. "Test subject #391 wasn't supposed to hatch until it returned to the MGA labs...But as you can guess, it didn't really go as planned. Test subject-"

"Stop referring him as such!" you snapped. "Dino is more than an experiment. He became part of my family the moment he hatched, that you want it or not. Now, if you excuse me, I had a rough day and I need a good night of sleep"

"That you want it or not, that creature can't be left in your care for too much longer" said Miss Angevin as you froze at your doorstep. "Certainly you have remarked unusual quirks about it"

"Unusual...quirks?"