◈ Chapter 19: Heavenly King, Zebra◈

The path to Honey Prison was long and freaky. Honestly, you thought you were walking among the dead. And the fact that Toriko was currently conversing out loud with someone that wasn't either you or Komatsu, it didn't help in easing your mind. Weirdly, the Gourmet Hunter was following the instructions of this unknown...voice? Invisible Person? And was now dragging behind him more meat and beasts than what was inside his bag previously.

"Toriko-san...For a while now, have you, um, been talking to yourself?" Komatsu was unsure how to bring this up.

"Huh? Yeah, he's my partner. A chef named Komatsu. The woman is (y/n), a friend of ours" Toriko continued to talk alone, pointing behind him. "...What? Hell no! They are not presents, and certainly not (y/n)! Wanna eat her or somethin'?"

"GYEH?!" you shouted, mortified.

"Who on earth are you talking with?!" cried out your friend."Can you see a ghost or something, Toriko-san? I've definitely had chills ever since we went through those gates"

"This atmosphere is so spooky, it feels like we've actually walked into the realm of the dead" you added, shivering lightly. "Why did I accept to come here?"

"Skyawk!"

You watched as Dino ran forward and passed Toriko, who blinked at the beast. The wyvern did a sudden stop, sniffing the air as he threw his head back. You were caught by surprise when Dino returned to your side while whining, clutching your back as if something scared him.

"What's wrong, Dino?" you frowned, petting the wyvern on the head. "Did you see a ghost too?"

"Oi, we're here!" Toriko called at the front. "That's the Gourmet Prison, Honey Prison"

At the end of the road stood some sort of beehive-looking thing hanging from the side of the cliff. Now you understood the whole meaning of its name. Upon arriving at the prison, you were greeted by officers who were waiting for your arrival. One of them had a pink coat and looked a bit weird for your tastes.

"I am the vice warden of Honey Prison, Ohban" the man with the stitches introduced himself. "I've heard about everything from the warden"

"I-I knew this place was scary! It's not cute at all even with its name!" cried out Komatsu.