◈ Chapter 34: Arroyo Sand Cave ◈

"We aren't using Reservoir Camels?" was the first thing you asked when Naboris came back with two Sand Seals.

"From that point, the white sand is too deep to walk on normally. We're about to enter the natural habitat of Tortoases after all, so imagine this region as a large quicksand" the warrior told you.

SAND SEAL (MAMMAL) CAPTURE LEVEL - 20

Like the Reservoir Camels, Sand Seals can be domesticated to serve as loyal steeds through the harsh desert of Taj. They were mainly used in Bilal, for those who lived or farmed on the Tortoases they could travel between them to the city of Mona. Attached to a sled, they can make short trips for the humans with only two on it at a time. And what you will primarily use to reach the cave where the Sanctuary Tortoise lives.

Though, you noticed that Naboris didn't have any sled to her seal, and she was actually bare feet as she held the reigns of the beast. She yelled something, and the Sand Seals tugged the ropes forward as they dived into the sand, pulling the warrior and your sled. Both you and Coco let out shouts of surprise as you stumbled backward by the sudden pull, clutching tightly to not let go.

It was rather awkward in directing the wild beast, unlike the sand amazonian who graciously glided across the dunes without even showing a sign of discomfort. She was standing proudly and upright with her back straight as her Sand Seal led her to where she wished for.

"Oi! There's a Tortoasis right over there!" Naboris yelled over her shoulder, pointing to her left.

Your gaze followed, and you caught sight of a giant turtle resting in the sand, all four legs hidden while its shell was covered by a few layers of the white granular substance. On top of it, there was also a small house that looked exactly the same as the ones you could find in Mona, with the shell adorning a few exotic plants and palm trees.

TORTOASIS (REPTILE) CAPTURE LEVEL - 45

As you got closer to it, the tortoise opened one single eye, glaring at your group. Sensing that you were no threat, it went back to sleep with a deep grunt, neck shifting as it laid its head down back in the sand.

"An average Tortoasis can live up to 800 years!" told Naboris, and you whistled in amazement at this information. "Usually, we have to tame them when they are babies to plant a farm or a business. While they are pacifists, Tortoases are a force to be reckoned with when they defend their territories. To push back our enemies, we used them as fortresses and also a way to send flying the invaders who got too close with us"

"Aren't they slow, though?" you wondered.